Deck/ Dog Kennel build

sickboy

Ok, so my new house has a deck that needs to be replace, and I'm more than happy to build it myself (used it as a bargaining chip as I love that kind of work). It only sits about 4' high so the space under the deck is wasted....unless I utilize it as my dog kennel. I want to get a couple hunting dogs now that I have a house w/ big back yard, probably a couple English Pointers or German Shorthairs or some such good pheasant dog.
Has anyone ever built something like this? Do you have any ideas on the best way to build it?
I have rough blueprint, but suggestions are welcome. There is vent that runs under the deck from the "cigar room" so in the harsh cold Dec. & Jan. I could be nice to the dogs and exhaust warm air to their kennel. I was thinking to pour concrete under the deck for easy cleaning but then have an "outside" grass area for the dogs while they are still "in" the kennel. When I get home from work they could roam the entire yard, but I don't want them to jump the fence (4') while I'm gone.

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/3001532
There is vent that runs under the deck from the "cigar room" so in the harsh cold Dec. & Jan.
"Cigar room", also known as "The Monica Lewinskey room", is that not correct President Clinton?

sickboy

It sounds "classy" but really its just another room in the basement that has an exhaust vent. He was smoking cigars.....or maybe the cigar smell was to cover something else up....or maybe the something else was put in the cigars.....

Anyway, We don't close for couple weeks so I can't get a good pic of it. I was just wondering if anyone ever saw this done or has a good idea of how to do it. I would guess the deck is 12 x 12 area.