Deltec or AquaC?

ktsdad

I need a new skimmer.
The Top Fathom 200 I have just isn't cutting it!

My tank is a 240 gallon with a 40 gallon sump.
Currently I only have softies and a few small fish.
We didn't get a big tank to have only 5 small fish, but I don't want to add much more until I get this skimmer problem resolved.
I know this is the 2nd time I have asked for help on this, I do appreciate the responses I received last time around. In fact my new choices include the Deltec which was suggested last time around. These models were picked for 2 main reasons - easy installation into my existing plumbing and skimming power.
I am looking at one of the following:
Deltec APF600
Deltec Turbo 1060
or AquaC EV240
Money isn't really an issue, I can afford the Deltec!
But is it that much better? Are the Deltecs really worth the money?
I don't mind spending the money as long as I am getting a product and company that is worth it!

Don't bother mentioning the MRC line, can't get the company to answer my emails. :notsure:
Opinions?
Comments?
Suggestions?

acrylic51

You can't even put the Aqua C and Deltecs in the same category or even start to compare them.....When it comes to skimmers only 1 will basically top the Deltecs and that is BubbleKings!!!!!!
If money is no object and you want quality go Deltec, but you honestly can't compare the 2.....Aqua C isn't in the same league!!!!! If your still looking at Beckett skimmers check out Barrs since Andy hasn't answered your emails.....It does take him a couple days, but he will get back with you.....

birdy

Seriously, if you can afford the Deltec go for it! not even in the same ballpark as Aqua C.
Sort of like a compairison between seaclone and a euroreef.

ktsdad

Thanks for the replies!
I have found that if you go cheap you usually end up replacing the unit later, which in turn cost more money to buy the replacement.
I really like the Deltec, would be easy to attach to existing plumbing.
Guess I just needed some reasurance before I spend a grand on a skimmer!
Thanks again!

golfish

I agree, the Deltecs seem to be the skimmer of the year...I have a buddy who has a Bubble King
now that's a skimmer...its also about the size of a 30 gal trash can.