Dinosaurs and the Bible

1journeyman

Originally Posted by LexLuethar
http:///forum/post/2506963
He was a pretty cool cat from my understanding...
What does urk me off though is the interpretation that Jesus was a white man - kinda still on subject right?
I know in each part of the work Christians depict Jesus as their type of skin tone, but there are A TON of people out there that really do believe jesus was a white caucasian, living in the middle east...
lol, true. Biblically, it's clear he was a Jew from Israel.

aquaknight

I just just got done reviews the two links, man that first one is tough to read. The "How Do Dinosaurs Fit With the Bible" is actually funny, it repeatedly criticizes evolutionists for 'having wild ideas' where as you are just to 'suppose to accept' whatever from God (sorry this too narrowminded, just trying keep things simple). It's also a bit erroneous in other areas, as I think the common thought is that dinosaurs are more closely related to birds now then reptiles.
Okay, what about this one. If God wanted a sinless world, how could he have created animals whose sole purpose is sin? Like T-Rex other members of the Tyrannosaurus family? The article means that "all the animals ate plants before Adam sinned". Well this wouldn't work because they would have died from malnutrition. Try feeding a lionfish seaweed and see how long he lives. Or is it that after Adam sinned, the animals evolved
to their current diets? Or is God still up there, tweaking his personal aquarium and still changing animals/adding/removing ones? I thought 'on the seventh day he rested.' So did he get up for the following Monday, or is he letting the world run it's course?

sigmachris

Good points Aqua...there was supposedly no evolution for dinosaurs or animals, yet in the last 6,000 or 8,000 years we have all evolved from Noah's family to many different types of ethnic classes in the human race.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2507000
... I thought 'on the seventh day he rested.' So did he get up for the following Monday, or is he letting the world ran it's course?
Yes, Biblically, God is at work today. The "seventh day" isn;t still going on. If you read the Creation account you see God had a relationship with adam and Eve and was "working" even in the first few chapters of Genesis, after the seventh day.
Again, I am not trying to make anyone believe one way or the other, just trying to keep what the Bible says clear. Too often people want to try to argue bits and pieces of it.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by SigmaChris
http:///forum/post/2507008
Good points Aqua...there was supposedly no evolution for dinosaurs or animals, yet in the last 6,000 or 8,000 years we have all evolved from Noah's family to many different types of ethnic classes in the human race.
All ethnic groups are still members of the same species. There has been no evolving. Much like Poodles and German Shepherds are still Canines.
It's again important to note that the Bible never addresses evolution one way or the other. With the exception of the human race, it's perfectly compatable with scripture to believe animals evolved (provided God was in control of the change).
It's worth repeating that the Bible is not a science book; Nor was it intended to be one. The Bible was written thousands of years ago. I believe it is absolutely relevant toady, however, we must also remember it was equally relevant to the people of it's time when it was written. Had the Bible tried to explain eons, the creation in detail, biological systems, etc. it would have been worthless to the early readers.
Genenis begins by saying "In the beginning God...". That's the point of Genesis.

bgrae001

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
http:///forum/post/2506666
The word "dinasour" wasn't created till 19th or 18th century. They used the word "dragon" a little more often and I believe that word is in the Bible.
I agree with you and I was going to mention this.

bang guy

I can almost understand blind faith and the irrelevance of proof when considering religious faith.
I've never understood the ease at which many of the faithful can actually disregard information that conflicts with their faith. I've never been able to accomplish that feat.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2507048
...I've never understood the ease at which many of the faithful can actually disregard information that conflicts with their faith. I've never been able to accomplish that feat.
Shut up! I refuse to read that!

You bring up a great point, of course. Many of the "faithful" have faith so weak they are afraid to open a science book. It's sad as that leads to the crazy entrenched positions so many take.

firerescue

God created dinosaurs to fertilize the earth. You might ask why when God can do whatever he wants? Just like us God likes different things and just like me have always been fasinated with dinosaurs. They served their purpose and no longer were needed.

mike22cha

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
http:///forum/post/2507269
Shut up! I refuse to read that!

You bring up a great point, of course. Many of the "faithful" have faith so weak they are afraid to open a science book. It's sad as that leads to the crazy entrenched positions so many take.
I know many people who are strong in their faith and read those science books to try to debate them too though.

clown boy

I haven't read this whole thread, but I just thought I'd drop in and answer the original post.
First of all: The word dinosaur was not even invented until the late 1800s. So you obviously wouldn't find them in the Bible. What would you call them, then?
Have you ever done a study on Dragons? Do a little research, and you find many interesting legends about them. Yes, some of them are myths, but many of them interestingly fit the description of dinosaurs.
The word Dragon is in the Bible 34 times. In the Catholic Bible, there are a couple of extra chapters that are missing in the regular Bible. One of them has this interesting story in Chapter 14:
22 And there was a great dragon in that place, and the Babylonians worshipped him. 23 And the king said to Daniel: Behold thou canst not say now, that this is not a living god: adore him therefore. 24 And Daniel said: I adore the Lord my God: for he is the living God: but that is no living god. 25 But give me leave, O king, and I will kill this dragon without sword or club. And the king said: I give thee leave.
26 Then Daniel took pitch, and fat, and hair, and boiled them together: and he made lumps, and put them into the dragon's mouth, and the dragon burst asunder. And he said: Behold him whom you worshipped.
Scientifically, those elements put together would make the dragon burst. The hair wouldn't digest, and the pitch would clog his intestines.
It's not a secret that there are places where Dinosaur and Human footprints have been found together. The King of Babylon had carvings of them on his walls. Plus, look up the Inca Stones. A carving of just about every type of Dinosaur is on one of these.
Many people will jump on the fact that there's no way they could have fit them all on Noah's ark. Well, Noah was over a hundred years old, so I bet he was smart enough to figure that all you have to do is bring babies.
So you see, my friend, the Bible is not discredited by Dinosaurs at all. I could go on....

firerescue

In reply to clownboys comment the mention of dragon could be refering to Satan who is refered to in the bible as such.

jmick

I'd imagine that people did stumble across fossils of large dinosaurs before and during the time the bible was written...
The bible is likely 90% fiction and 10% fact. It's laughable to even suggest that any dinosaur existed 5k-2000 years ago...
How many different Christain denominations are there?

granny

Originally Posted by MaTT B
http:///forum/post/2506418
I am just saying i do not like the people that think if you do not believe in god your going to hell ( and thats another thing that is totally FAKE!! IMO)
Wow! We believers feel real pain for folks like you who do not believe. How horrible it will be for you when you are plunged into the 'fiery lake' for eternity! We dont want anyone to go to hell. That is why we folks you dont like talk so much about God and His Grace, because we would like to see the entire world saved.
Answers in Genesis is based on scientific fact. Dinosaurs did roam the earth, they are noted as Bohemoth in the bible. The creation museum and thematerial is awe inspiring.
For a fiction series based strongly on scripture that even non-believers will enjoy. I suggest you read the Left Behind series of books. I could not put them down once I started=and I believe there are 13 books!

m0nk

Originally Posted by Granny
http:///forum/post/2507595
Wow! We believers feel real pain for folks like you who do not believe. How horrible it will be for you when you are plunged into the 'fiery lake' for eternity! We dont want anyone to go to hell. That is why we folks you dont like talk so much about God and His Grace, because we would like to see the entire world saved.
Answers in Genesis is based on scientific fact. Dinosaurs did roam the earth, they are noted as Bohemoth in the bible. The creation museum and thematerial is awe inspiring.
For a fiction series based strongly on scripture that even non-believers will enjoy. I suggest you read the Left Behind series of books. I could not put them down once I started=and I believe there are 13 books!
That's the problem. We don't want you to try and save us; I am perfectly comfortable in my own religion. I mean that with the utmost respect, of course. I try to never be rude and insulting to anyone else's religion and therefore would expect everyone else to do the same.

1journeyman

Friendly reminder folks... let's not start a religious war.
Answer the questions at hand, post constructively, or move on.
This is an open forum, however remember it is a WWW forum. Please do not try to force your beliefs on anyone.

sciknen

well i have a few things to say
i went to catholic school for 16 yrs or so
but im atheist or kinda buddhist/wiccan/atheist
here i go
adam n eve( bible says they were the 1st n only people on earth)
ok
they have kids then wat
kids have kids together(

[hr]
) doesnt god say no to that
another thing
men chose what was put into the bible
council of nicean i think
what about all the other gospels
not good enough for god
even tho all of them were written BY MEN not god
i have one huge problem with the church
they are above the law
rapist???? not all pastors some yes
huge coverups
another law
the drinkin age is 21
i drank wine from wen i was 12
illegal yes
but okay religious practice
so if i invent a religion(yes christianity was invented)
that allowed coke use at mass
shud that be allowed????