Do any of your BTAs do this?

hunt

My BTA keeps twisting itself up like this, is that a problem? Have any of you ever expirienced this?

hunt

The only thing for current in my tank is my penguin 150 powerfilter, and my korolia 1 power head. The powerhead is about 5 inches away from the anemone and isnt directly pointed at it. And the filter doesnt hit the anemone that much either. Its not splitting because both of my anemones have been doing this off and on for a while now, and ive watched them do this and if it were current they would be like that pretty much all of the time, and wouldnt be able to un twist, wouldnt they? because my current never really changes. They seem to be able to twist and un-twist at will...i just dont know why.

hunt

Interesting... maybe i should start writing down the times they do it and see if theres a pattern going on here.

hunt

OK, ive started a word document and ill be recording the date, if i saw it twisted that day and the time i noticed it. The last time it was fed, and the last water change. (if theres anything else you think i should take note of please tell me). Ill keep this up for a certain period of time (havnt decided how long, prabably a month or two) and ill post my results then i guess.

hunt

Well... so far there has been no pattern at all. Its just a completley random occurence.

40 galons

mine has done that before, when i moved my powerhead i noticed that in the morning when the lights come on and she stretches for the light thats when the flow is at the right of her, causing her to spin exactly like that, i moved the powerhead and no problem

hunt

I guess ill move the powerhead and see if thats it.
But if it were the powerhead, couldnt the anemone move out of the way, and wouldnt the spinning be constant?

40 galons

i wouldnt think that too be a naturl movement for the nem, good luck!

J

jstdv8

set up your camaera on a tripod and set it to take a shot every 30 mins.
You'll be able to see what its doing all day long while you're at work or where ever.
And you can put them together to make a neat speed reel thingy.

fretfreak13

Mine does it too. Have had it for over 6 months and have seen it twisted up like that many times. It always untwists itself. I think they're just bored. XD