Do you have too little or too much flow?

naclh2o nut

This flow thing is tough to grasp. I have what I consider good flow, I have to be careful where I place rocks or they will get blown off the ledge.
Yet when I read what others have, WOW.
Lets hear and see pics of everyones flow rate. Size of tank, number and size of PH, direction of flow and a pic/videos of it moving corals.
90 gal, k4 - top,rear, right- blowing toward 2/3 way down front of tank
k2 - middle, left, rear- blowing across and slight down in behind rocks.
Also have a seaclone 150 hob(until fuge is done), whisper 100, rio 2100 for return from sump.
Can't get pics to download
but have polyps that are bent flat in places and a small plug that waves back and fourth in middle of rock.
Ok lets hear and see what you have!

spanko

The whole idea IMO of flow is to gain randomness. Nothing that is pushing in one direction constantly. Bouncing power heads off of glass, pointing two power heads so their flow meets together. Using the Hydor-flo rotating head. Think of the way the ocean water comes into the shore then back out again. You can see this under water where the surge is going back and forth. Even out in the deeper water this happens.

naclh2o nut

thanks spanko, I was looking at adding another k4 or version of and having it blow back against my other k4. But wasn't sure if it would just counter it (if you know what I mean) or cause more random flow pattern. From what you said it would be more random.
Off to the lfs to pick one up and start playing with ph placement.
Boy you can't get bored with a tank.