Do you use algae sheets?

lazarus

How often do you put them in your DT? I have had trouble keeping snails and hermits in my tank and read somewhere that they need to be fed algae sheets DAILY. That seems like a lot. My parameters are completely stable in all other respects - with natural algae growth still pretty good. Maybe the problem is not algae related - but i am sure i feed them plenty of other stuff.

sully677

Yes, I use them. I have two tangs (Kole & Sailfin), and so I put two veggie clips on opposite ends of the tank. However, I often see my snails eating the algae instead of my tangs!
But it's a good idea to use them.

noah's nemo

I use them everyday,but my tang and humu take care of them in quick time.You may have a snail and hermit killer in your tank(for me its my humu),but i do have a golfball sized Zebra Nerite who never touches the sheets.

bmkj02

I wouldnt use it daily cause then they would eat that instead of cleaning your tank. I use it once a week and my tang hardly touches it as it is always picking at my rocks but my snails and hermit hits it up hard at night time.