dream aquarium

A lagoon in my back yard the size of an olympic swimming pool with a huge reef in the middle and a sand bed all around it. It would come all the way up to my house where there would be a "water lock" in the basement that you walk into with all your gear on. Then you seal yourself in the closet sized room and it would flood with water from the lagoon then you simply open the door and swim out into it.

texasmetal

Originally Posted by alix2.0
eh. i just want an octopus so i can make him change colors!
Any octopus will change colors. Not just Blue Rings, which are pretty small by the way. Any octopus with false eyespots will flash blue rings as well, just not all over their body.

alix2.0

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
Any octopus will change colors. Not just Blue Rings, which are pretty small by the way. Any octopus with false eyespots will flash blue rings as well, just not all over their body.
thank you, i did not know this. actually i meant that instead of a life threatening octo in my dream aquarium, i think just having an octopus tank would be awesome enough.

lazypinoy

my dream aquarium would be genetically miniturized great white sharks about 30inches in a 300 gallon along with a killer whale about 30 inches. hey hey thats why its a dream ok!

mike22cha

Mine would be a 30,000g pond with a glass viewing pane with sharks (Requeium, leapords, bonnets,) and rays (Southerns, Bat rays). And lots of tangs.

dallas612

Originally Posted by townsdp
C'mon CHARLIE!!! Let's go to candy mountain!!! It's a magical Neopluridon, Charlie!!! I bet nobody on here knows what ur talkin about.
i do

meleerock

I would have to go with a wrap around the room hawiian themed tank. All fish found native to hawaii. Of course a mix of black and white sand and black lava live rock mixed in with reg. live rock. Hawiian dragon eel, humahuma trigger, hawiian yellow tangs, hawaiian puffer. No coral, just some really cool fish.

kedabo

I don't care about the stock list particularly but it needs to be: 1) Large enough to snorkel/ dive in so at least 30' deep x 300' Long x 60' wide roughly 540,000 cubic feet of water. 2) Several smaller sharks. 3) Lots of corals. 4) Plenty of other invetabretes to keep the tank clean. 5) A kelp forest. 6) Seals. (Dang this is going to cost a fortune to up keep.) 7) Lastly fish out the Wazzoo.

meleerock

Originally Posted by kedabo
I don't care about the stock list particularly but it needs to be: 1) Large enough to snorkel/ dive in so at least 30' deep x 300' Long x 60' wide roughly 540,000 cubic feet of water. 2) Several smaller sharks. 3) Lots of corals. 4) Plenty of other invetabretes to keep the tank clean. 5) A kelp forest. 6) Seals. (Dang this is going to cost a fortune to up keep.) 7) Lastly fish out the Wazzoo.

4,039,480 gallons
That would be GIGANTIC!!!But awesome!

m0nk

I'm surprised no one has said it, but my dream aquarium is one like the Oregon Reef, before the crash. Just the entire concept behind it, the deep setup, the coral and livestock used, and the "valley" style layout all appeal to me.

zman1

Originally Posted by MeleeRock
4,039,480 gallons
That would be GIGANTIC!!!But awesome!

400' of shoreline NE Australia