Drill holes location

mario

How far from top and sides should I drill my 37 gals?
1 drain, 1 return, 1" holes
Many thanks

B

blackaero1

really depends on style of overlfow you want, and part personal preference. If you do a standard tower type overflow you'll be able to drill anywhere top to bottom (be careful the further down you go as if the overflow isn't completely sealed you'll run the risk of draining to the bulkhead fittind. Higher up is gonne allow you to prevent a lot of the loud flushing sound. A calfo style overflow (coast-to-coast) is another option and won't take up any floor space in your tank. You'll want your holes drilled near the top for that obviously. I would say, to tape off where the overflows will be in the tank and see what makes sense to you really.
As far as the return, you can drill for it or you can just put it over the top o the tank. If you drill, I'd put it real close to the top then make sure to put a siphon break about a 1/4" below the waterline to prevent a flood when your power goes out.
I also just noticed you said 1" holes. I'm guessing your talking about using 1" lines, if so you'll need a larger hole as a 1" bulkhead requires something like 1 1/2" hole to fit through.