Dumbest thing you dropped in your tank?

coachklm

o.k. here's my beginners story (yes it's for real and dont laugh)..,so it's 9:00pm just getting ready for bed... "ohh honey, I forgot to feed the fish, I'll be right back." So I go down stairs in my fuzzy slippers and pajama pants. I havent cleaned the glass this week so I take my mag float across the glass a couple times before it gets a little to close to the sand... well... I dont want sand to scratch my glass so I disconnect the magfloat and watch it float to the top... well ... I'm one handed and was (picture this) holding one end with my laft hand... and swiped yes swiped the other end out of the tank .. It flew out of the tank... I remember (barely) the end bouncing of the lip of the tank headed right toward me.... ALLRIGHT im going to catch it...cool ... well I caught it with my left hand and the two part came together with a loud pop , then a loud scream, as I realized I was minus a shirt and a

[hr]
now... ( my wife was too busy laughing to take it off).
so I shed a tear into my tank that night .

ric maniac

I have a waterproof cell phone, and I text while in my tank (dont ask why) so i set it in the sand, shut the lid and went to bed. I woke up the next morning looking to text my girlfriend, and i couldn't find it. so i called it, and it was in my tank.

K

krichardson

Originally Posted by ric maniac
http:///forum/post/2515749
I have a waterproof cell phone, and I text while in my tank (dont ask why) so i set it in the sand, shut the lid and went to bed. I woke up the next morning looking to text my girlfriend, and i couldn't find it. so i called it, and it was in my tank.
waterproof phone?? thats a first for me
... awesome though!

dammar

not quite in the tank, but...
I was taking apart my powerheads, those ones that have a spinning nozzle to change flow direction constantly. trying to pry it apart and suddenly it springs open and all the pieces go flying across my bathroom into the toilet.
I was debating if i wanted to buy a whole new powerhead or fish it out and use it.
Ended up using it since the toilet was just cleaned that morning.
I still scrubbed my arm (and the pieces) for a good 20 min =x

dammar

oh, i also had a hose pop off a pump (to the chiller) AS I was walking out the door to visit my grandparents out of town.
Giant fountain of water shooting up through my light fixture spilling everywhere, not to mention the chiller turned into a siphon draining everything from the return end.
if it happened 5 minutes later id have been on the road already and who knows what would have happened to the tank / house.
i know thats not something dropped into the tank but i think it fits the theme of the post =o

renogaw

I just dropped my salifert calcium test results in... hopefully no issues will occur, i don't know whats in that stuff though...

perfectdark

I saw a kid at one of my LFS dropping pennies into one of their tanks like a wishing well.... I told the owner, he shook is head and said "not again" LOL.

m0nk

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
http:///forum/post/2515957
I saw a kid at one of my LFS dropping pennies into one of their tanks like a wishing well.... I told the owner, he shook is head and said "not again" LOL.

That's my worst nightmare; I keep a close eye on my son when he has pennies.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by m0nk
http:///forum/post/2515962

That's my worst nightmare; I keep a close eye on my son when he has pennies.
Oh yea without a doubt... my daughter is only 4 but has a remarkable working knowledge about the tank so she already knows not too. (i still double check though, after all she is a kid) LOL.

ironeagle2006

The worst thign I ever dropped into a tank would have been a the time I put in that pair of Blue Velvet Damels. Best thing that ever happened to me was this however when I got that my first Huma went ballstic he ate them sad part was I had to get rid of him never knew he would eat 2 fish bigger than him in 45 seconds.

heatheryjoy

I was removing a rubberband from a fragged mushroom on a rock and it slipped out of my hand and floated away. I had to wrestle it away from my bubble tip anemone. I guess he thought he found the biggest worm for dinner!

I personally have never dropped anything in but my kids have. Not sure which one but they dropped the tv remote in. It was more funny than anything else since I got another one on an

[hr]
site for $6.
I should have taken a pic