dwarf lions.

jtrzerocool

here's mine...
the only thing you need to do is to make sure that you get them from the LFS already eating frozen food...they can be a little tricky if you try it yourself...other then that they are a very hardy fish...

nice fish. the yellow looks great. thanks for the help. yeah i had to make a quick decision to get him or not. in the other thread you mentioned gut loading. what is that??
thanks

monkdaily

i had to add my pic. its by far my favorite fish ever! feeding can be tricky and frustrating but well worth it!

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by goober_hunter
http:///forum/post/2765552
nice fish. the yellow looks great. thanks for the help. yeah i had to make a quick decision to get him or not. in the other thread you mentioned gut loading. what is that??
thanks
gut loading is where you feed your ghost shrimp enriched food before you feed it to your dwarf lion...if you do this just before you feed your lion it will get all the nutrients that you fed the shrimp...

thanks, yes i have tried gut loading. but he'll nip at the silversides and spit it out. as soon as the shrimp hits the water he goes crazy over it.
any other advice that could help me switch over to silversides? what do you think of misis shrimp? or any other type of food.???

R

rcreations

Krill is your best bet. That's what I used to get mine to eat frozen foods, krill dipped in fresh garlic. Once I got it to eat that, then it started eating pretty much everything. Mysis won't work, it's too small for them.

shrimpi

heres my booger.. I sold him a while back when I downsized to a nano. He ate EVERYTHING. He would charge the feeding stick so hard that the day I went to buy him he had a cut upper lip! He healed and grew and.. hopefully he is still doing well :)
Jess

shrimpi

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/2789474
Of course the avatar....
and here he is again.

As a baby....

Our newest addition....

wow! what a beautiful animal! He is posing for you too! Aww I miss mine.. yours is awesome. Take good care of him!
Jess