Ecotech MP40qd w - stopped working

McFraembs

well I was super excited when I got this new pump about a month ago and it has performed awesome with little noise.

Today I woke up and noticed it was not working so started to look into it. Nothing has got stuck in the pump but sounds like it is jamming with something. Propeller spins freely when detached and magnet inside the motor also spins. However when hooked back up it makes some weird rattling noise stops and then just hummms like the motor is stuck. I even did a soft and hard reset with no luck. Have to say this is very frustrating dropping this kinda money on a pump that doesn't last even a month! I had a cheap pump from ***** for about 2 years and never had any problems.........

Any ideas????

McFraembs

well I was super excited when I got this new pump about a month ago and it has performed awesome with little noise.

Today I woke up and noticed it was not working so started to look into it. Nothing has got stuck in the pump but sounds like it is jamming with something. Propeller spins freely when detached and magnet inside the motor also spins. However when hooked back up it makes some weird rattling noise stops and then just hummms like the motor is stuck. I even did a soft and hard reset with no luck. Have to say this is very frustrating dropping this kinda money on a pump that doesn't last even a month! I had a cheap pump from ***** for about 2 years and never had any problems.........

Any ideas????
Has anyone had this issue? I would really like to get it fixed to get my flow back up for my corals, I have an old/small pump in to help get by at the moment....

pegasus

Not sure what's causing the problem, but it's certainly serious. The pump should have a mfg warranty, which shouldn't be any trouble to receive...