Eel Escape!

atlfish

Im pretty sure my eel eat my lunar wrasp an escaped out of my take. Yes i had a cover but my dumb a@# left it open last night. This morning they were both gone.
Soooo, my question is how long can a eel live out of water? He is not that big. I did a quick look around the house before a left work but i did not find him and do not have a clue as to where to look. now I have to call the wife and tell her he my be crawing around somewhere.

atlfish

Originally Posted by DragonZim
Sorry to tell you this, but its not gonna survive THAT long out of water...
i don't know. Ive been reading some post and they said he can stay out of the water for several hours. Apparently, this happened last night. The search is on to find find him as we speak. Pray for him.

emperor11

Actually, it is a scientific fact that an eel can live out of the water for up to 6 hours. Possibly more, depending on the size of the critter we're talkng about.

dragonzim

I had a snowflake eel get out of my tank. He couldnt have been out more than an hour and when I found him he was all dried up, shriveled and DEAD on my carpet.

E

e.es.c

i had a snowflake eel too but my stupid cat got up on my tank and went fishing for him and took him out with his claws and threw him around i grab him and threw him back in the tank but the next morning he was dead

laxzach

I had a freshwater eel escape my old tank and it lived out of the water for at least 8hours+ and this happened like 4times until i found his little escape hole.