EEL question?

treybomb

Just a quick question....... would 2 snow flake eels be okay 2gether if i introudced them at the same time they would be the absolute only inhabitants.....
for eel tanks.. dou they like a lot of rockwork or little ir inbetween??
thanks in advance
thomas

treybomb

ok thanks...if i put them in my 55, they would be the only ones in there... but if i put them in my 72 bow.. iw ould want to put one or more fish that they woukdnt eat in there i.e. lion or puffer or foxface or tang???

fishieness

i would say a lion like a fuzzy dwarf or an antennae or soemthing.
just put lots of rockwork so the eels dont feel crammed because of lack of hiding places. Hopefully they will become buds like some snowflakes do.

fishieness

some eels do dig. snowflakes do now. just make sure there is enough sand for the eel to get under a rock, and enough rock to have caves. Chain-link eels do burry themselves though.
hmm.. i have never heard of eels nipping at lion fish. i know that puffers will..... but just because i havent ehard of it, doesnt mean that it doesnt happen.

treybomb

how do i make my tank sfe safe like i.e. not letting them be able to get out the hood??? any info?

treybomb

Originally Posted by treybomb
could i put a valentini puffer in there with them or like a yellow tang?
?

haze123

you can have puffers in there. Trust me I really dout that a snow flake eel is going to try and eat a puffer. I think the puffer would scare the snow flake. Just dont add any small fish other wise if there small enough to fit in the eels mouth then there gone.

treybomb

Originally Posted by treybomb
how do i make my tank sfe safe like i.e. not letting them be able to get out the hood??? any info?
??

treybomb

Originally Posted by haze123
you can have puffers in there. Trust me I really dout that a snow flake eel is going to try and eat a puffer. I think the puffer would scare the snow flake. Just dont add any small fish other wise if there small enough to fit in the eels mouth then there gone.
what about a yellow tang for some color..??

treybomb

what about a dwarg angel?? i would proablby get one of thebigger ones i.e. bi-color
as you might notice.. im tryingto put some color into the tank

fishieness

i would think a dwarf angel wouold be fine as long as they are not the realy small ones. as far as a yellow tank, i believe they should be in a bigger thank than a 72, but many people think that size is a good one. tell us about your hood and we can tell you how to SFEproof it. Mine right now is in an eclipse. but when he gets a little bigger he is going to my larger tank that has eggcrate on the top. I cut it so that it fits with everyitng on the back. But you can use ducct tape, justmake sure there are no holes big enough for him to fit though.