Emperor angelfish Having troubles breathing! I need some help with Ammonia Levels

jtfishman

Hello, I just moved my 150 gallon aquarium from a business to my home two days ago. I kept and hauled approx 50 gallons of salvageable water from the tank. I Added approximate;y 100 gallons of new water to the tank. When I put the tank up, I cleaned everything really good from the live rock to the gravel to the aquarium and filters. I have a Fluval FX5 canister filter with two Koralia Power heads and an Overflow tank that is right now not hooked up until I get a new return pump. Anyways, I did water tests last night and everything came out spot on except the Ammonia level was really high. I seen that My Emperor Angelfish was breathing extra hard, and it seemed that others in the tank were breathing heavier than usual. I had a bottle of AmQuel plus, Nitrate, Nitrite, Ammonia, Chlorine & Chloramines remover, so I measured out just over two ounces of it and put into the tank beings the back of the bottle reads one ounce of it per 60 gallons of water. Today when I got up and looked in the tank my Emperor Angelfish is laying on the bottom corner of the tank really breathing heavy. I read online that too much of the Amquel in the tank with deplete oxygen levels for the first few hours and harm the fish if not used as directed, I thought I had measured it out just fine beings this is a 150 gallon tank. I have two large Koralia Power Heads in the aquarium that gives plenty of oxygen for them, so I am not sure what I should do now. I am worried for my Emperor Angelfish. Any Ideas!? I need to save my fish!

noah's nemo

I would imagine you started a cycle with all the moving and sifting of the the sand ..
2 PH's in a 150 isn't going to be enough flow ,,you need at least 4 or 5 IMO