emporer angel

dfreeman64

What is their growth rate? I like the color of the adult and was curios to know in an aquarium, how long woulg it take for a juvi to change color?
Dewayne

hlcroghan

It depends on how well you care for them, feed them and house them and what size the tank is. Some never change completely, some can take a year and some can take 4. Also depends entirely upon the fish's biology.

dfreeman64

Thanks for the response. Would be in a 130 for now but the upgrade to 250 is well in the works. Tank in hand, just getting the rest of the money drainhg stuff together.
Dewayne

crypt keeper

I just bought one about 5 hours ago. Great fish. its about an inch and half long. Its Very new to this world. It acclimated perfectly and started to eat almost instantly.
Its in my 90 gallon now. I figure it will be good in there for a year or so while my 240 is being set up. Im building a wall to cut hole in the middle down stairs where I had a bar area. Closing it off and having that as my equipment room for the tank. Its going in the basement on a concrete floor. Building the bottom out with steel beams I got from work. They should support the massive weight this thing will weigh. Probably up and running in about a year to a year and half. Going decently high but mostly long. Probably about 8 feet long.

peter1215

I have an adult emperor about 6.5-7' . I got him in april and hes grown about 1-11/2' in six months . eats all the time with great colors . loves to eat from my hand and lets all his tankmates know he is the "emperor of the tank"