Ethnicity in the hobby?

premilove

So today at dinner, I was discussing expanding our house just so I can put up a shark tank/pond. My mother thinks I have issues. She claims that I am the only Indian kid that is really into this hobby. I tried explaining the diversity of saltwater hobbyists and she said she would have to see it to believe it. If you do not mind, explain where your roots are from!
My parents migrated from Bombay, India when my pops was 18 years old. He finished his HS education, completed his double masters in computer science and finance. (he is now 51)
Mom came here when she was 22? worked for First Union-Wachovia for 19 years and once Drs told us she had a lump in her chest we made her retire from working. She just turned 49.
My brother graduated last december from Rutgers School of Business with a BA in Finance (what a horrible time)
I was born in New Brunswick, NJ; and grew up in Newark NJ. Now i live in central jersey, just 12 mins away from new brunswick. I am a sophomore in Rutgers School of Business, studying Accounting and Finance..
What about everyone else?

jennythebugg

mothers side- german/irish
sperm donors side -irish/indian(shawnee)
at least thats what i was told, so im a mutt lol

premilove

Originally Posted by lil.guppy
http:///forum/post/3014896
I love the one sitting at the table it is so cute!
she's a spoiled brat. she doesn't sit on the floor. she prefers the leather couch!
besides my mom, she is the only girl in the house. my mom treats her as if she is her daughter. i swear she gets more attention than me.

teresaq

my husband and I are cauc with some Cherokee . My greatgreat grandma walked the trail of tears. My oldest son is Mexican/cauc and Native American, my oldest daughter is Mexican and Cauc, my other daughter is Haitian and cauc and my youngest son is Chinese. Very diverse family

premilove

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3014906
my husband and I are cauc with some Cherokee . My greatgreat grandma walked the trail of tears. My oldest son is Mexican/cauc and Native American, my oldest daughter is Mexican and Cauc, my other daughter is Haitian and cauc and my youngest son is Chinese. Very diverse family
wow that is awesome. a lot of culture in your house!!

sepulatian

I don't see how ethnicity has any play at all into saltwater fish keeping. I too am a mutt. I am part Irish, German, Dutch, Scottish, and Indian. I don't know the "tribe" that the Indian part comes from. My mother is very into Genealogy. I am not. She probably knows the exact location that each member of our family was originally from. I do not. I am an American and was born and raised in NY. That is where I come from

premilove

Originally Posted by sepulatian
http:///forum/post/3014910
I don't see how ethnicity has any play at all into saltwater fish keeping. I too am a mutt. I am part Irish, German, Dutch, Scottish, and Indian. I don't know the "tribe" that the Indian part comes from. My mother is very into Genealogy. I am not. She probably knows the exact location that each member of our family was originally from. I do not. I am an American and was born and raised in NY. That is where I come from

ME NEITHER! i think my mom just got mad that spend 75% of my paycheck on my tanks! Now when you say Indian, do you mean Native American?