Every Picture I Take Sucks!

premilove

what am i doing wrong? im using a canon powershot S2IS - 5 mp, 12x optical zoom..
i turn off all lights in my room, turn off flash and snap away every picture is always blurry. how do i get nice close ups? any tips? please pleasse please help!

scottallert

are you useing the macro setting, its the one with the flower, thats what i use and i put sport on idk why and mess with the brightness and sharpness and all that stuff to get a good color pic.

richmond98

if your turning off all the lights except the tank lights and your using the "auto" settings your best bet is using a tripod, your not able to stand still enough to not have shake which is causing your blurry pics.
On the close up shots scott is correct, turn the macro setting on which is the flower icon, some camers will have 2 settings, my one camera does and you can set the camera right on the subject your shooting its that close.
this is a pic of my cell phone, the lens was resting on one end of the phone at a 45* angle.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by premilove
http:///forum/post/2932172
what am i doing wrong? im using a canon powershot S2IS - 5 mp, 12x optical zoom..
i turn off all lights in my room, turn off flash and snap away every picture is always blurry. how do i get nice close ups? any tips? please pleasse please help!
I have a Canon PS A630. My pics are not blurry, but very green. It makes it look like my tank is filled with algae, which it isn't.

renogaw

i've got a HP DX7440 that i can't take very good pics with unless i use the "close up" setting for when you're taking self portraits.