Eye Candy for Zoanthid Lovers

wax32

Thanks! Can't wait till those green apple colored ones start spreading, the polyps are gonna be HUGE!

wax32

Actually they are pretty quiet.

I imagine they will be even better looking once they settle in for a few weeks. My other ones all tend to look better once they get used to the lighting/flow of my tank.

fishmamma

Those purple and blues are amazing Wax, what a score!! I picked up some of the green a couple of weeks ago myself and they seem to be spreading already so hopefully you will have a nice colony come summer.

zoie2

I LOVE the top ones!! They are so pretty!! MY LFS has nothing like that!! Luckily I have found another LFS and she said she can order me anything, but personally I like to see it before I buy it. I think I will have to travel a bit further to find another place that sells nice looking ones. GOOD FIND!

wax32

Teresa:

fishmamma: What's insane is, they sat in the LFS for 3 weeks before I bought them! I saw these same green zoanthids online for about 50 bucks for a frag with about 20 polyps. They are really nice, I hope they do well.
zoie2: I just told my LFS to try to get some high end zoanthids, that I am willing to pay for quality varieties. He has started getting some in occasionally. He just tells his suppliers to send the good stuff. But to be honest I find most of my nicer zoanthids online.

wax32

Here are the ones I got today:

And a shot showing the elongated skirts on these eagle eyes: