!!!!favorite food!!!!

big-fish

whats yours,,,,,,,,tell us your favorite food /meal that you make in your kitchen,,,
,,you must tell us what is inside it and everything tou do to make it,,,,,,you dont have to tell us if it is a
family secret,,,,,,,,,lets have some fun

T

tizzo

very simple meal..
guess it don't look as good as it tastes but..
Pan seared cod, dipped in organic butter
organic asparagus.
my favorite meal. I eat it almost every night!!

big-fish

i will go first,,,,mine is jalopino burgers:
Jalopinos
mao
bread crums
mon. cheese
grinded up turkey meat,,,,,
to make it you must mush into a patty then slap it on the grill,,,,

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
rib eye
broiled
nothing on it
nuf said

I had that tonight, but I had to use some garlic salt.

jmick

Originally Posted by seasalt101
beer battered deep fried lobster try it sometime...tobin
That sounds really good. I love lobster and I love most deep fried foods, gonna have to make it this weekend!
For me, nothing beats a nice Filet or BBQ Ribs...humm, well maybe NY Style Pizza...

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by seasalt101
beer battered deep fried lobster try it sometime...tobin
TOBIN YOU CANNOT FRY LOBSTER in OIL and BREAD IT.. ITS BLASPHEMOUS!

seasalt101

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr

no it is delicous get your favorite beer for this one or 2...tobin

L

lsu

in a high walled sauce pan(at least 12 inches wide X 2 inches high)
2lbs crayfish tails
2tspn salt
1 tspn pepper
1/4 tspn paprika
1 stick butter
1 1/2 cups chopped onion
1 clove minced garlic
1 1/2 tblspn flour
1 3/4 cups water
4 tblspn brandy
3/4 cup chopped green onion
2 tblsp chopped parsley
2 tspn grated lemon rind
2 tspn lemon juice(fresh)
2 tspn tabasco
1 cup texmati (any rice)
1. Season crayfish (La tails, chinese tails suck, taste like fish) with salt, pepper, paprika
2. heat butter (until it bubbles)
3. add crayfish, saute 3 minutes, they'll turn kind of red
4.add onion, garlic- cook, saute 10 minutes, stirring constantly
5. sprinkle flour in slowly
6. add water, brandy, green onion, parsley, lemon juice, lemon rind, tabasco,
7. Simmer 10 minutes
serve over rice
relatively easy, bring a little South Louisiana to ya'lls house
Enjoy a little Louisana flavor,
Jordan

crimzy

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr

I'm with Tobin here... I've had fried lobster, thought it would be a waste of good lobster. It is amazing.

earlybird

appetizer: jumbo shrimp wrapped in bacon and dipped in eggwash and battered with a mix of corn meal and cajun fish fry. Fried in veggie oil then cover with a lot of melted butter and honey.
main course: fried yellow tail snapper in a mix of corn flake and frosted flake crumbs.
side dishes: grits and baked beans.

dragonzim

Fried lobster and broiled steaks are a sacrelige! Lobsters should be steamed or baked and steaks should be grilled!!!!
That being said, my favs are either a nice GRILLED Porterhouse (just had a really good one 2 nights ago) or sesame crusted seared tuna steaks.
The tuna is really easy. Get a couple of steaks from your local fish market that are 1- 1 1/2 inches thick. Pour out a half cup or so of sesame seeds onto a plate and lay the tuna on them. Press it down so the seeds stick really well then flip the fish and do the other side. In a good NON nonstick pan, heat up a few tablespoons or canola or peanut oil until it starts to shimmer and lay the fish in. Flip it after about 2 minutes or when the seeds start to brown. You do NOT want to burn the seeds!!! Give it another 2 minutes or so. If your fish is 1 1/2 inches thick, at this point it will be rare in the middle and fully cooked on the outside, which is how I like it. If you dont like it rare, put the whole pan in a 400 degree oven for about 5-7 minutes after you've browned it on both sides.
DEEELISHHHH!!!!

perfectdark

Anything seafood, and all shell fish....tied for first is a 20oz med rare prime rib au jaus....
One of my fav dishes that I make...Little Necks over pasta with a garlic butter sauce.. It pretty simple but its really good IMO....
10 or 12" frying pan
1 stick of butter
thyme approx teaspoon
fresh basil
salt n pepper 1/4 tsp of each
crushed red pepper (to taste) I like things spicy.
minced garlic about 1-1/2 table spoons
Wine... I use White Zinfindel (no specific reason just my prefrence) approx 1/4 cup.
2 dozen little neck clams about 1-1/2" in size
1 can of whole baby clams (optional)
1lb angel hair pasta
Mix everything except the little necks and the wine in the pan.. as it starts to saute add the little necks flat on the bottom no stacking and the wine..Cover and continue to saute.. they will pop open releasing their juice in the pan.. take them out as soon as they pop.. add more clams when you take the cooked ones out. After they are all done add the baby clams to the mixture in the pan as soon as they start to saute they are done..
Add the contents of the pan to the bowl of cooked pasta and garnish with the little necks...

big-fish

come on ppl,,,,,,lets keep it going,,,,,i have already made some of these or dinner and some i will make this week

lazypinoy

man i didnt kno this was hard for me. cuz everytime i am about to take a pic of a meal i was gonna show....i end up eating it first before i post it up.

crimzy

I just ate some popcorn chicken with ranch and a side of oreos. Maybe not the greatest meal ever but it works.