Feather Duster Problem

prk543

I have two feather dusters that are growing up the side of my tank, and I need to move across town next week. The tallest duster has grown probably 3 inches up the glass, and I was planning on leaving at the very least 1/4 of an inch of water on top of my substrate, but I don't want to leave too much water in the tank, because I don't want to have it sloshing in the tank and messing up the seals.
Should I take a razor and gently separate my feather dusters from my tank glass? I don't want to kill them, but I doubt they will enjoy being out of the water for the (estimated) hour and a half it will take for me to move my tank.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
-prk543

mie

i think that if you gently move them with a razor ,you know just scrape it off getting most of its tube and i would strongly recomend that you DO NOT move your tank with water above your substrate this could damage your seals and the support braces

prk543

Thanks, I will do my best to get as much of the water out as I can.
I am just figuring if I can get the tubes moved now, it will give the dusters a few days to establish on a rock before I start moving everything