Feather Duster Shut

patriot54

I've had my feather duster for a week and a half now. When I bought it, it stayed open and everything, even when I was move the bag and around. It was open durring acclimation as well. Now all of a sudden it is not open very much. I think I have seen him out 2 time is the last 3 days and it was for 1 minute at a time. Any ideas as what is wrong?

I had the same thing happen to mine when I first got them. They just need to get used to their new environment. Is there a chance that anyhting in your tank is bothering them. You will know if they are really unhappy because they will drop their crowns. One of mine did this when I first get it, but it grew back in a few weeks.

elite

i have 2 rather large feather dusters they were the 1st things i added to my tank after the cycle.....
i had lil flow up until 3 weeks ago i finnaly went out and purchased 3 koralia 3 powerheads and the extra flow took them a whole 2 days to get used to it they both stayed closed for almost 2 days then they would slowly open up for maybe 40 minutes and then back in again for hours then back out lol they are fine now....