feather duster

big-fish

my feather duster is hanging out of it tube,,,but it is still attached to it,,,it is not all the way out but about 2-3 inches out,,,,is this normal

adroitmind

I don;t think this is a good sign. I had a duster worm do this once and the next day he was all they way out of his tube. The hermits sure had a feast until i could get it out. If he does come all the way out they are supposed to make a new tube if they are left alone. Try to put him somewhere safe.

earlybird

Originally Posted by AdroitMind
I don;t think this is a good sign. I had a duster worm do this once and the next day he was all they way out of his tube. The hermits sure had a feast until i could get it out. If he does come all the way out they are supposed to make a new tube if they are left alone. Try to put him somewhere safe.
Hard to say but something has caused him to come partially out. I would try secluding the duster for a week or so. You can keep him in the tank if you use a piece of tupperware or something with enough holes but small enough to keep any hermits out. It's amazing how fast they can regenerate. I had my duster drop its crown and it is back to the same lenght only 3 weeks later.

hefner413

My FD's head fell off, then it just grew a new one! Just don't take it out prematurely. THey are quite strong little things, even though they seem so fragile.