Feeding Bubble Tip Anemone (Help please)

turbohaulic

I recieved a bubble tip from a friend that had his tank spring a leak. So I need to know what to feed, how often, and how much, I need to feed this anemone. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

perfectangel

I just got two of them recently,we feed them frozen krill and they seem to have taken to it very well.we put the frozen krill in a small cup of water( that we dip out from the tank) so it can thaw for about 5 or 10 minutes and then all you have to do is just touch one of the tentacles with the krill and the bubble tip should do the rest.we feed once a week and only one piece at a time.

perfectdark

What ever you feed it the pieces should be no larger than its mouth. Anything raw and fish will do, and stay away from the oiley types of fish. Silversides, clam, squid, myisis, and even pellet or frozen cube food can be fed to them.
As far as frequency, depending on your lighting you may not need to feed hardly at all or you might have to every other day. If the proper lighting and tank conditions are present the need to feed is greatly reduced. However once a week is a good guidline.

eaglephot

They love krill. I feed once a week about 4 krill. If you don't have strong lighting, it is good to feed them.

turbohaulic

Thanks all. I was feeding it frozen krill about every three or four days. I did let it thaw out too. I have a 35 gallon tank with a 175 watt metal halide with a 14 K bulb, and another 39 watt T-5. Is this enough light for it? I'll have to try out some of the other foods too. He just doesn't seem to open as good as he used to and he doesn't get the big bubbles on his tennicles.

spanko

That is plenty of light and I would cut back on the feedings to once per week - twice at the most. If you don't you will soon have 35 gallons full of bubble tip anemone.

lexluethar

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2482650
That is plenty of light and I would cut back on the feedings to once per week - twice at the most. If you don't you will soon have 35 gallons full of bubble tip anemone.
This is true. I have mine under a 150 watt MH and over two months I have been feeding it once or twice a week, now it has grown 3x the size and is getting really big.

1journeyman

I have mine under a lot of light, feed it once a month (or less) and it's huge.
Hehe, I think they are in for a tank full of anemone either way as their lightings sounds sufficient.