feeding eibli angel

hagfish

We got an eibli about a week ago and it's not eating, or it's not eating agressively yet. It is picking on the rocks frequently, so I think it may be getting some food. But I'd like it to eat something I'm feeding it too. I've tried everything I've got which includes nori, sprilina flakes, some other flakes, frozen emerald entree, krill, frozen formula 2, and frozen cyclopeeze.
I've seen it try a few things, usually either the spirulina flakes or the krill. I don't know for sure that it's actually swallowed either one though, or anything else. The cyclopeeze is too small for me to tell really. I tried mixing a little of everything I've got and soaking in garlic tonight. I didn't see it eat though. Oh, and I've tried live brine, which he did try, but I don't know that he actually ate any.
I've heard of people feeding some clam from the grocery store. I was thinking of trying that, I'm just not sure what to buy. Do I go to the fresh seafood section and get a clam in shell there and just force it open and leave it in the aquarium like that?
Anything else I should try?

toughguy80

Ah that's a tough one. Sounds like you're doing just about everything you can for it. I unfortunatly had a lemon peel that did the exact thing you describe. Picked at rocks but would show little to no interest in things I fed. Sadly it died about 2 weeks after I got it. I hope this isn't the case for you. What tank mates does it have? If worse came to worse I'd put it in it's own tank and see if that encorages it.

traib

I have one too. Mine picks on algae, but it also eats spirulina flake food, vegi pellets and Prime Reef flakes. I don't see it eating often but it's belly is fat so I knowit'sgetting enough to eat.I've had him for about a year. So don't worry unless it becomes emaciated.