female pink square anthia

reefer123

i recently got a female pink square anthia, for my 65g reef, and i want to know what to feed it?

thanks.

1journeyman

Always research fish needs before you buy...
Never heard of that particular type of Anthias. Could it be a Squarespot Anthias?

ca1ore

I imagine that it is a squarespot - the female is yellow, not pink! If yours is pink it is a male.
I have never had much sucess with this fish, I find the lyretail to be a much hardier fish.
The key to all anthias (read Scott Michael's excellent anthias summary in Reef Fishes vol 1) is frequent feedings - try both frozen mysis and cyclopeeze.
Simon

ridomart

I agree with ca1ore,mysis & cyclopeeze. Devil dog helped me out when my purple queens weren't eating. he also said live brine shrimp, haven't tried that yet, don't know where to get them or how to hatch.

unleashed

I feed my lyretail anthias's mysis shrimp.and thara+A non medicated antiparesitc formula by spectrum(pellets)if you have hebavores in the tank also emerald entrese is a good balanced frozen food.dont bother with brine.but the frozen cyclposeze is a good choice.im not fond of anything freeze dried the proccess takes to much out of its nutritional value.

aquageek

I have a female squarespot too. It is doing well. I feed it 3 times a day. I vary it's diet between mysis, mixed carnivore and blood worm frozem preparations and the occasional pellets. This is a very active fish that likes rapid water movement too. My Fire Shrimp rides around on her periodically throughout the day! Nice but challenging fish.