FINAL STOCK LIST

spongeycrab

Hello everyone, I've chosen to go for a 90 gal. reef. This is official because I am in the process of buying the tank and stand now. Ok so here's what I'd like to have.
Flame Dwarf Angel
Longnose Butterflyfish
Black Cap Basslet
Lawnmower Blenny (like it a alot but will take off list for needed space)
Pair of Ocellaris Clownfish
Pacific Redstripe Hogfish
Pinkbar Goby (I know the Tiger Watchman Goby and him may fight)
Green Wrasse
Squarespot Anthias
Yellow Eye Kole Tang
Lemonpeel/Chocolate Mimic Tang
Tiger Watchman Goby (I know the pinkbar and him may fight)

spongeycrab

noto the longnose butterfly because it will eat your coral
are you sure I checked like 7 diff. sites that said he wouldn't.

dilan

first off that is way to small to hold all those fish unless you are going to upgrade. You look at the full grown size not what your getting it at. Have you checked live aquaria it said with caution like the sites you saw did they say exactly that they were reef safe because their is a difference between caution and yes they are reef safe they are also hard to keep you cannot be a beginner and expect to keep this fish alive. Yes take off the blenny it will go after the algea and your tangs will die or both or your blenny. Also to keep that goby you have to have a well populated tank of pods how long has it been running.

dilan

also the flame angel beautiful fish gets stressed super fast where do you bye fish the flame angel that i had died little under 24 hours yet again i am 13 but my dad is a expert and this is all do on my free time and i feel like i am now a expert been doing marine fish for 5 years and that flame angel is hard to keep alive.

dilan

if your looking for that yellow color substitute the kole and get a yellow or naso. yellow in my opinion is way eaiser to keep i kept my yellow in a 55gal for 6 this used to be my dads tank know my dad has a reef 180 and 55 reef.

spongeycrab

I've actually changed the list to this after I got some more advice.
Flame Dwarf Angel
Falco Hawkfish
Black Cap Basslet
3 Blue Reef Chromis (Chromis cyaneus)
Pinkbar Goby
Green Wrasse (Halichoeres chloropterus)
Squarespot Anthias
Yellow Eye Kole Tang

ak_reefer

IMO you are still overstocked. If you are planning to go with a reef system that is a huge bioload with what you have listed. You also need to consider the aggressive nature of those Tangs, they require a lot of swimming space and will be territorial. I say go with one. Also Anthias prefer to be in groups and a picky eaters and need to eat several times a day. Falcos are great and full of personality they like shrimp so if you are thinking about getting some shrimp keep that in mind. Mine got to be a nice size and was even tempered. Just a couple more things to consider.
Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

spongeycrab

IMO you are still overstocked. If you are planning to go with a reef system that is a huge bioload with what you have listed. You also need to consider the aggressive nature of those Tangs, they require a lot of swimming space and will be territorial. I say go with one. Also Anthias prefer to be in groups and a picky eaters and need to eat several times a day. Falcos are great and full of personality they like shrimp so if you are thinking about getting some shrimp keep that in mind. Mine got to be a nice size and was even tempered. Just a couple more things to consider.
yeah I know about the falco and anthias... Could I be able to add anthias when I upgrade?

ak_reefer

I would say dont buy for what you want buy for what you have. Plan on the system you have which is 90 gallons, when you buy and set up a larger system then add. Even though you plan on upgrading in the future you dont know when it is no need to cramp fish and have issue when it is not necessary.

spongeycrab

I would say dont buy for what you want buy for what you have. Plan on the system you have which is 90 gallons, when you buy and set up a larger system then add. Even though you plan on upgrading in the future you dont know when it is no need to cramp fish and have issue when it is not necessary.
I just mean will there be aggression?
Also how about this as a final list?
Flame Dwarf Angel
Falco Hawkfish
Black Cap Basslet
Pinkbar Goby
Green Wrasse (Halichoeres chloropterus)

ak_reefer

What kind of filtration system are you running? How much live rock? And you are wanting a reef correct? What kind of corals are you thinking?

spongeycrab

What kind of filtration system are you running? How much live rock? And you are wanting a reef correct? What kind of corals are you thinking?
Sump with built in fuge and protein skimmer. 90+ pounds. Yes. probably softie low light corals.

dilan

thats a good list but i agree with him keep only one tang unless yuou introduce them at the same time and aren't the same body shape

spongeycrab

Do you think adding three tiny barnacle blennies would overload my bioload? They only get 2". Wait the hawk might pick on them... Right?

dilan

you are correct the hawk will pick on them if anything take out the hawk and just put one barnicle bleeny because you will probably have other algea eaters and that won't leave enough for the 3 blennies

spongeycrab

you are correct the hawk will pick on them if anything take out the hawk and just put one barnicle bleeny because you will probably have other algea eaters and that won't leave enough for the 3 blennies
Barnacle blennies are actually carnivores and don't have true ability to eat algae like most blennies. Also they don't well alone.

dilan

well then it might be ok but i would only have 2 because the male might fight over the female unless uget 2 females and 1 male but take out the hawk have u had experience with a one spot foxface

spongeycrab

Some small changes to the list
Flame Dwarf Angel
3 Barnacle Blennies
Black Cap Basslet
Red-Lined Wrasse (Halichoeres biocellatus)
(if you don't what the wrasse is...):
Bold, beautiful, and brimming with personality, the elegantly-striped Red-Lined Wrasse makes the perfect addition to your showcase reef aquarium. Also known in the hobby as the False-eyed or Biocellate Wrasse, juvenile Halichoeres biocellatus and sub adults are easily identifiable by a pair of ocelli on the dorsal fin which disappear with growth.
Pinkbar Goby
Blue Star Leopard Wrasse (I know, I know... see bottom)
B.S.L.W. explanation:
I know, I know super hard to care for blah, Blah, BLAH. Well I my friends I have a plan... After my tank has cycled I will stock my fuge. with pods (which will have miracle mud, live sand, macro algae and L.R.) then when I buy my B.S.L.W. I will try to get one that already is eating frozen. If she won't eat when I take her home I will keep her in the Q.T. for an elongated time till I can fully ween her onto frozen.