Finally getting my "Large" tank

rara12

Well i lucked out and got a 200 gallon bullnose tank with a cherry oak stand and hood, sump, UV sterilizer light stripe and more godies free!!! Tonight its all about moving things around and dragging the big stand down the stairs. I'm setting it up as Fish Only and im opting for no lr after reading an artical by Patric Donston, of Absoltely Fish, where he states many advantages to not having LR in the FO system and many disadvantages to having LR in the Fo system. Pics to follow!

rcoultas

Congrats on the new tank!! Although I have not read this article you mention IMO the benefits of LR outweigh the negatives.

I've read that article too. The main point of the article is that you can't use medication in a tank with lr because it will kill the lr. Well thats why we have QT tanks.

crimzy

Congrats on the tank. You'll be surprised at how quickly this tank appears "small." The next step is the 1000 gallon lagoon.

rara12

Originally Posted by crimzy
Congrats on the tank. You'll be surprised at how quickly this tank appears "small." The next step is the 1000 gallon lagoon.

LOL, It looks so big compared to my little ten but ii know its tiny.
The fish i plan on keeping are ones that more prone to ich so what i figured i would do is put all the lR i already have in the tank to help cycle but not buy anymore. I also have a 30g LR tank with lr to cycle the tank. But as i said before im not adding more, a total of like 50lbs.

rara12

After a friend who's business is fish tanks looked at it he estimated it to be a 280g! Way bigger then the 135 i thought i was getting!!!!