Finally making progress

Not much time on my hands anymore, but the 80 gallon project continues. My cabinet is simple, but, nice woodgrain and plenty of space inside to set up a sump system.
Here is a pic.

It's 1:30 in the morning here in Oklahoma. Nothing better to do at this time so I put together the glass. This is 3/8" glass. Just got it together, so it has to cure.
Here is the pic.
Next wil be the bottom border and the top, followed by the canopy.

very nice what did the glass cost you. and was it hard to keep the galss together while you put the seal on the corners. I am from oklahoma also but i now live in ga. keep me informed. mike

The glass ran me about 100 dollars from a place called Glass Doctor, in Tulsa. This is really cheap. I told them when I have the tank completed I would give them some pics to hang on the wall in their lobby, for advertising that their glass is not just for windows.
Don't try to put together by yourself. You really need some extra hands. My wife helped me. After putting a bead of silicone down, she held a pane in place while I ran the beads and placed another. Then that's where the tape comes in.
They did an excellent job cutting the glass, so everything was good and square, and exactly the right dimentions - this is a must for a good fit.
The cabinet has a steel angle frame inside, and will hold the weight with no problem.

My father and I made my stand. the fram was made with a 2x4's and then we put oak on the out side of it. I have thought of building my own but i am afraid of getting it build and then get it set up so to add the salt and water and it would hold. BUT.......................................................................................................... The next morning I would awake to a nice fishing hole in my living room. LOL Keep me updated. mike

I let the silicone cure for 2 days now, and decided to put a little water in it before putting on the bottom border. I put 5 inches of water in it and found no leaks.
Now it's time to get the bottom and top borders on, and then fill it all the way up. Hopefully I can get this done this coming weekend.