finally, my coral beauty

renogaw

thanks all. i've been trying since the contest started. it's been a mixture of stinky camera and fast fish. had to get this pic one handed while feeding to get him out of the rocks.

zanclus

Originally Posted by renogaw
thanks all. i've been trying since the contest started. it's been a mixture of stinky camera and fast fish. had to get this pic one handed while feeding to get him out of the rocks.
LOL tell me about it . I have been trying to get pics of my Mandarin and also my 6 line wrasse lol They make it so difficult . Very nice picture of your beauty.

renogaw

ever since i redid my tank to the 90, there's a lot more room in the back of the tank because of the way i had to reaquascape around the darn RR overflow. so, now everything is hiding behind my rock wall and only come out for food or like when the tang is following the CB, or CB chasing the tang. with about 140lbs of rock in there, the buggers have a lot of room to hide as well.
so yea, it definitely was tough to get this pic. hopefully people like it when it comes to the polls :)

1journeyman

Ok, I know fish are not supposed to have "emotions" or "feelings", but the expression on that fish is priceless.
Great shot Renogaw!

shrimpi

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Ok, I know fish are not supposed to have "emotions" or "feelings", but the expression on that fish is priceless.
Great shot Renogaw!

I was just thinking the same thing I couldnt wait to scroll down to say his little expression is priceless....
thats perception only a fishlover could have!
Jess

renogaw

hmm... i'm wondering if thats a "i'm a happy fish" or "i'm a smug arse fish" look LOL.
thanks for the compliments :)

shrimpi

I think he has a cute little cranky personality.
something like
"ya, keeping taking my pics, yep yep, Im smiling for the camera..... wheres the food already? Is this all you do all day is try to take pics of me? cant a guy get the sunday paper around here!?!?"

K

kat74

Originally Posted by Shrimpi
I think he has a cute little cranky personality.
something like
"ya, keeping taking my pics, yep yep, Im smiling for the camera..... wheres the food already? Is this all you do all day is try to take pics of me? cant a guy get the sunday paper around here!?!?"

In all seriousness... do you think that I could get one of those for my 29 gallon Biocube? Bad idea?? My sixline has gotten very big and has started diving down and stealing food from my little scooter blenny, so I'm taking him to the LFS for credit and was hoping to get some type of dwarf angel as a replacement. Was thinking about a cherub/pygmy angel, but then I saw this... too big for a 29??

renogaw

s/he's a roamer and loves swimming the 4' of my tank. my fuge is a 29... i cant see this guy being happy in that small of a tank.

K

kat74

Originally Posted by renogaw
s/he's a roamer and loves swimming the 4' of my tank. my fuge is a 29... i cant see this guy being happy in that small of a tank.
Thanks for the advice! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Hmmm.... now I gotta think of something else!

K

kat74

Both are great suggestions! I'll be exchanging my percula clownfish for a misbar pair (whenever they decide to get to my LFS!) and my sixline for something else.
I have a fire shrimp that is spoiled rotten, so will the hawkfish pick on that? I am keeping my bicolor blenny and scooter blenny because they are my favorites and are both very peaceful fish and never bother anything. I just might consider that little clown goby. :) Wait... I'm not supposed to mix blenny's and goby's, right?