Finally

ctkecth

After months of finding the time to put my new 90 together I am ready to go. Second guessing slowed the process down immensely- so in the spirit of second guessing - my question.
Does it make a difference if the salt is mixed into the water that is currently in my tank. Friend of mine told me that I should mix the salt seperately and add to tank after it sits for a while. I asked why I would need to mix it somewhere else and then add it to the tank. There isn't anything in the tank- just water. Why does it matter? He shrugged and said that he thought that was how you did it. I countered with a question about big tanks- where do they mix their water when setting up?
I am going to mix it right in the tank- unless of course someone tells me not to and has reasons.

bang guy

The only reason not to is because it's difficult to vigerously stir a large quantity of water. If it's not stirred hard enough when you pour in the salt then it may precipitate Calcium carbonate.
Other than that it's not really a problem. Don't just dump in 50 pounds of salt and expect it to dissolve the way it's supposed to but if you do it slowly it will work.

ctkecth

Thanks. The way I have been operating this entire process, I have only one speed and that is S-L-O-W.