fire shrimp + cleaner shrimp= y/n

grubsnaek

can these two shrimp go together. i have a 125DT with 200lbs of live rock. i wanted maybe two of each or two fire and three cleaner. my girl loves them so its something that has to be done for me to spend on other things for the tank......most of you's know what im talkin bout, even some of the ladies on here too

nicetry

These shrimp are fine together. In small tanks there can be some pushiness, but in a system your size, there should be no problems. I keep both in my system w/o issue.

perfectdark

Yep I have had both too, however IMO Fire shrimp are touchy. I havent been able to keep mine alive for long. Which is weird because my cleaner has been in there since month 2 of my tank being set up. It has seen 2 fire shrimp come and go...@ $30.00 a whack I have given up on them.
Now my peppermint shrimp and my cleaner are buddies.

psu

I have 2 of each im my 150 w/ no problems what so every---both types are very active.

bullitr

i have fire,cleaners and coral banded in my cube tank . i loss one cleaners a while back but i won't blame it on either one

anonome

I have a 125g reef tank, I have 2 scarlet cleaners, and 2 fire shrimp. They have their own spots on opposite sides of the tank. The scarlet cleaners tend to roam a lot more than the fire shrimp. All four have been with me for over 2 years.
I will say though that the fire shrimp are very secretive, and tend to hide a lot. But when food is introduced into the tank they come out to get their share. They do clean the fish, but the fish have to go to them. Which a few have learned to go to them.
The scarlets are more out in the open, and will intice the fish to them with their antenae. I have large fish, so they are open to their inticement.
As far as getting along.....let's just say that they tolerate each other. The fire shrimp tend to be the aggressor. They will hunt the scarlets down to get their food. I feed shrimp pellets, LOL, and make sure to feed each territory.
They are really a joy to have in the tank. It is a shame though that the fire shrimp costs so much and hides most of the time.
Just be sure to acclimate the shrimp for a lot longer time than fish, they are very sensitive to changes in ph, and salinity.

jc74

I also have a fire, cleaner, and coral banded shrimp in my tank. The coral banded lives towards the bottom of the tank in a cave, and the cleaner and fire shrimp live in the rockwork towards the top.
I haven't seen any scuffles yet, although the coral banded did punch at the fire shrimp when it bumped him during feeding time. Both of them are very active and out in the open, but the cleaner shrimp hides a alot.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by bullitr
i have fire,cleaners and coral banded in my cube tank . i loss one cleaners a while back but i won't blame it on either one
I would blame the CBS...