Firefighters held hostage

deejeff442

i just saw some nut job called in a medical call in Georgia. now he has 5 firefighters hostage. really? what a messed up world. i read on a blog someone wrote i dont see any cops being held hostage.maybe because they have a weapon. me being a ff we are not allowed to carry. some of the chiefs can and do but chiefs dont usually go on calls unless its something big.or they are around and are doing nothing at the time.i hope swat gets in there and puts a few rounds in this dudes head.

meowzer

YUP....messed up world is right
what about the guy yesterday that cut 14 or so people on a college campus with a knife.....so now we should ban knives (HAHA)
and the guy who no longer wanted his 10 month old puppy so he tied it to train tracks.......
SICK SICK WORLD

deejeff442

yes our station has a sign on the door .gun free zone..we just had a call for a house fire .stupid me took a brush truck for forest fires instead of the tanker.our engine left just before me. my chief just kinda called and chewed me out. his boss called him and asked why i took the wrong truck .lol oops luckily it was a false call no fire just some wires smoking in the attic. man that wont happin again

dragonzim

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/395232/firefighters-held-hostage#post_3518422
what about the guy yesterday that cut 14 or so people on a college campus with a knife.....so now we should ban knives (HAHA)
The newspapers in my area are notoriously left leaning and there hasnt been a single article about the guy with the knife in any of them. Goes against their "only guns are bad" mentality.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, it puts a big dent in the anti-gun agenda. If a nutjob doesn't have access to a gun, then he will use something else.

geridoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth http:///t/395232/firefighters-held-hostage#post_3518464
Actually, it puts a big dent in the anti-gun agenda. If a nutjob doesn't have access to a gun, then he will use something else.
That's a good argument for getting rid of speed limits and income taxes - after all, people cheat on their taxes and speed, so there's no point in having laws about them. Let's not get into anti-theft laws! Or else, use some common sense and admit that there are people who should not have guns, and society needs to do what is necessary to make it more difficult for those people to get them. So what if they can get knives - how many people can be killed by an assault knife in 30 seconds?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeriDoc http:///t/395232/firefighters-held-hostage#post_3518472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth
http:///t/395232/firefighters-held-hostage#post_3518464
....use some common sense and admit that there are people who should not have guns, and society needs to do what is necessary to make it more difficult for those people to get them.
I agree with what you said here. However, I disagree that limiting or removing gun rights from everyone, rather then just people suffering from mental illness, is the right thing to do. Yes, I admit that there are people who should not have guns.

reefraff

Current economic policies of this administration are a greater threat to this country than all guns. All this garbage is nothing more than a head fake to take people's minds off the 4th year of double digit unemployment. Reid won't let any bans through the Senate and 0bama knows it but he'll still spend millions traveling the country trying to sell it. But in other news they still can't afford white house tours. But they could drop half a million on the concert the other night. I don't know about anyone else but I take personal offense to my tax dollars being used to hire Justin Timberlake LOL!

darthtang aw

That's a good argument for getting rid of speed limits and income taxes - after all, people cheat on their taxes and speed, so there's no point in having laws about them.  Let's not get into anti-theft laws!  Or else, use some common sense and admit that there are people who should not have guns, and society needs to do what is necessary to make it more difficult for those people to get them.  So what if they can get knives - how many people can be killed by an assault knife in 30 seconds?
I am assuming you have children. If one of your children break a window by throwing a baseball...is it just that child that is in trouble or do you not allow any of your children to handle baseballs?
We make these issues far more complicated than they should be.That is the problem. Plus it is all based off fear. Usually an unfounded fear. As the odds of being shot by an assault weapon in a mass killing are far less likely than being struck by lightning and killed. There are 54 lightning fatalities a year in this country. There are roughly over 500 people struck by lightning a year.
In 2011 just under 400 people were killed by Rifles. There is no designation to know if the rifles used were assault Rifles. But for arguments sake we will say they were. Of those 400 in 2011 only 6 of those deaths were done in a mass shooting.
Statisticly those support gun bans or limitations are doing it backwards. Magazine size has no correlation to mass murders anymore than assault rifles do. Columbine, not one single assault rifle. The 2011 Tucson shooting not one single assault weapon. Both of those shootings the gun contained magazines that held no more than 8 shots.

darthtang aw

ApVirginia Tech was the biggest attack and there was no assault rifle used there.
Apparently I left out the virginia tech shooting in my post I referenced it when I stated "both". This is what happens when you call it a day early and start drinking a nice scotch in early afternoon.