first additions

lirpa

I have added some snails and hermit crabs to my tank after the long cycling process! My parameters all seemed to be in order, but for some reason, all of the snails are along the very top of the tank, almost out of the water. Should this make me nervous??

fedukeford

usually they climb partly out of the water to reach some food or sumthing, nothing really to worry about, what kind of snails?

lirpa

great, thanks. any suggestions for a first fish? My lfs said assuming the snails and crabs live a few days, I could add a fish by tuesday.

artist55

My tank is pretty new (7 weeks) and I added two snails in there just this week. At first they were at the top and now they are all over the place. I was a bit leery too but maybe this is just normal. I guess they'll go whereever the food is. I'm not worried anymore. Enjoy the hobby.....

fedukeford

are you planning ona reef, or FOWLR, to give you an idea of some fish, heres what i have in my 55: coral beauty angle, 2 false percual clowns, yellow watchem goby, scooter blenny, engineer goby, magenta dottyabck