First time fragging help

feixjai

I havent been on here for awhile now and a lot have changed in this growing community. Anyways my toadstool wasnt looking so good and it was always leaning to one side and usually gets sting by other corals like zoos and a hammer. Its been leaning for about a week now and the base was slowly unattaching itself, but the plate was still opening and looked good so I decided to frag it. I wasnt sure if I did it correctly but, I cut the stalk so it is just the plate alone and then I cut the plate into 4 pieces. I used pieces of rubble and rubberbaned the pieces of toadstool to the rubble. Now on to the pictures.
this is my toadstool that have been leaning for a week now.

and the results

Should I be using rubberbands to hold it down?
Thanks for you time.

teen

looks fine like that. if youre worried, try using some fishing line and sewing it through them. i find rubberbands break in a week or two, which usually isnt long enough for the frag to grab hold of the rock.

reefforbrains

Bands look tight. And toads slime like little pigs but as long as they arent falling apart or turning mushy then they are incredibly durable.
Some shedding and sliming for a few days should be expected so make sure they have some flow but I think you did a nice job.
Nice army of Frogspawn in the background too

reefkprz

looks good to me. I would say you should be fine give them 5-6 days and they may be attached, if not give them another two or three. I have never had a leather take more than 7 days to attach (usually 3-5 for me)