Fish Compatibility

jam1e

Questions, comments, remarks, anything, feedback mostly .. twould be greatly appreciated
90 Gallon
1 x Juvenile Blue Hippo
1 x Snowflake Moray
1 x Copperbanded Butterfly
1 x Sleeper Goby
1 x Juvenile Volitan
1 x Juvenile Pomacanthus Annularis

hatessushi

That blue hippo will outgrow that tank real soon. The Butterfly needs an established tank. That's a pretty good size bioload when they all get bigger for that size tank.
I have a 90 with a Maroon Clown, Kole Tang, Coral Beauty, Hawaiian (Indian) Trigger, Diamond goby and cannot even think of adding anything else until I get my 360 gallon

jam1e

thanks for the input .. I know that the butterfly needs an established tank .. and it's already in there .. I've had my 90 gallon for over a year .. got the butterfly a couple of months ago .. all I have in there right now is the blue hippo the eel and the butterfly .. the order from top to bottom is the order I plan on adding them .. and I agree that the hippo WILL outgrow my tank but I don't think I'm in any immediate danger .. I've had it for about 7 months and it's only grown about .5" inch or 1" .. hard to tell .. and even so .. if it has a growth spurt over night I'll put it into my 210 reef .. again thanks for the reply and your interest

jam1e

yeah I've had the hippo for a while and it grows very slowly .. and again .. i have a 210 gallon reef that's been set up for about 5 months that it can go to

memphis

Hey rb, looking at your pick I would think you would want another damsel... I have three yellow tails in one of my tanks that need a home. At this point I think it would take TNT to get them out though...

huma huma6

Heres what I would do, I would move the blue hippo and the copperband to your 210. If you want, get the sleeper goby for your 210 also. Keep the eel in your 90 and a volitan, in my oponion get way to large even for a 90 gallon. You could get a antenata(grows to a small volitan) and in the future thew angel will get to large. With the eel and the antenata you could get a couple more semi-aggresive tankmates.

jam1e

I'm keeping the Copperbanded where it's at because all I have in my ninety is SPS like Acropora and such like that but in my 210 I have SPS, LPS, and soft coral that my butterfly would go crazy to eat .. and yeah . I was thinking about getting a smaller lion like an antennata or a radiata or just get another type of fish instead of the lion .. and I think I can get away with the angel being in there for about 2 years same with the hippo .. but if the hippo grows to be too big and the angel does as well then I'll move the hippo and trade the angel in .. and as for the sleeper goby in my 210 .. I already have a mated pair of Diamond Gobies in there .. what fish do you suggest if I don't get the antenneta?

jam1e

Originally Posted by Huma Huma6
Actually your angel will be fine in that tank. I was thinking of a diff. one
ok good ..
:happyfish

jam1e

this is true .. so I'll probably get another lion .. what do you think? antenata, or radiata .. I'm leaning towards antenata

jam1e

Originally Posted by Memphis
Hey rb, looking at your pick I would think you would want another damsel... I have three yellow tails in one of my tanks that need a home. At this point I think it would take TNT to get them out though...

maybe try luring them out with food .. it worked with my cream angel .

jam1e

ok sounds like a plan .. here's my updated version
90 Gallon
1 x Juvenile Blue Hippo Surgeon (already in tank)
1 x Copperbanded Butterfly (already in tank)
1 x Snowflake Moray (already in tank)
1 x Sleeper Goby
1 x Antenneta Lion
1 x Juvenile Blue Ring (Annularis) Angel

hatessushi

Couldn't you get one of the dwarf lions or would the butterfly not like that?
I don't know anything about eel and have a question. Won't the ell eat the goby or is it a peaceful eel?

jam1e

The sleeper goby I'm getting will be about 5-6 inches .. too big for my 11" moray to eat .. and Snowflake Morays are one of the more docile species of eels .. along with the Zebra Moray .. but they're still aggressive .. just not as much as the other species

jam1e

and yes I could get a Dwarf Lion .. but I've had a fuzzy dwarf before and I'm ready for something a little bigger and more of a challenge