Fish don't survive long in my display

Manfred

Water movement isn't the issue. The surface of the water needs to be exposed to air. Basically u want the top of your water to look likes its boiling atleast in part of your tank.
To confirm, your tops cover the whole tank w no open areas in back?
Yes my glass top covers the whole tank front and back. I wonder though if gas exchange is a problem, why would my fish still do well in my DT for as long as 2 months?

mandy111

Hi ya. Sorry to hear this. I honestly would suggest that it's aggression. Often after lights down. They then become so stressed they don't eat. & slowly shut down. The fact they are lasting 2 months suggests that it may not be gas exchange, 15-20ppm nitrates won't kill fish. However nitrates & ammonia will. Have you tested for each of these recently ? Are you overstocked ? Could it be your water source. ? I too would increase salinity. It does seem a little low. Do you check that all fish are eating at feed time every day ?

silverado61

That's odd. I've got two Urchins and neither one bothers my corals. I kinda regret getting corals. I mean, I really like them, they just limit what I can have in the tank as far as crustaceans is concerned.

jay0705

Yea, it was a hitchhiker on lr. It eats alage so idk if chalice is planty enough or what lol. Doesn't bother any critters. Corals do limit you tho, inverts and fish wise

jay0705

If it is the source all his fish should die. He has fish in the tank alive and well. It seems new additions are not living. Thats why I'am thinking aggression or lack of oxygen. There maybe enough for his current few fish but not enough for new ones.It's a 200 gal tank so it could take a bit to see effects. But I'am just snow balling