Fish feeders.?.?. going on vacation for a week.

agent707

Wife and I are going on a weeks vacation in July. We have 2 tanks. A 75 and 90. Both are FOWLR.
We don't have anyone lined up to feed our fish, so we have been looking at some feeders that use freeze dried food...etc.
We're wondering if anyone has any experience with these and can make any recommendations on models and/or foods to use.
Fish stock is:
75 gal: 1 CB dwarf angel, 2 perc clowns, 1 baby yellow tang, 3 chromis, 2 pep shrimp.
90 gal: 1 grown tomatoe clown, 1 grown yellow tang, 1 baby dog face puffer (Puff!) 5 baby chromis.
Yes, we like clowns, tangs and chromis.

Thanks for any help. Hilt'n Head, here we come.

keith burn

I do not trust them imo have a frend feed them .
What about f/w top off's?
What if a pump stops?
some lfs well do it you may try that .

agent707

We don't have anyone lined up to feed our fish..
Well, I trust mechanical devices and my electricity staying on enough I guess.
We're getting the feeders. There is no question there. Just trying to get some advice on anyone with past experience.

keith burn

The trbl that I know about them is thay over feed and stop.
If you can have someone look in on them ever day.
what about top off's?

jeffreyyy

I went awwy for a week and thought oh I better buy a feeder. Well, I came home to two dead fish and a crashed tank. The feeder feed all the food at once and it just sat there and after time, Boom goes the dynomite!
I will say this...IF YOU BUY ONE DO IT NOW AND USE IT NOW WHILE YOU CAN WATCH IT PERFORM!
(YES I'M YELLING) Sorry, I guess I'm still a little bitter about my poor fish.
But, if you can try and get someone to come over even if it everyother day. You could get a pill dispenser with the days on it and put the amount of food you need for each feeding. That way the person wouldn't freak out and do something they shouldn't.
Good luck,
Jeff