Fish ID please

rara12

Hi guys, so i bought a fish at a LFS and i cant remember the name of it. I thought it was labled something like powleri betta or something betta, but i couldnt find anything when i searched the web. The guy at the store (a very respectable store that i really trust with a very good staff and selection) said it would be fine in my setup. The fish is only about an inch in length and was acclimated to my ten gallon nano reef as the only fish. When it gets larger im planning on moving it to my 285g. Its Light blue in color with silver dots all over and a white-ish strip between the eyes. Im just looking for the name of the fish, any help would be great and as soon as i find my camera i'll snap a pic!

snakeblitz33

Sounds like a marine betta. They get big quick and will eat any other fish in their path. Pics please for a proper ID.

rara12

It has the body shape of the marine betta but its not black at all. Really a light blue. Ive seen marine bettas this guys size and they were much darker. It also lacks the eye spot. I found my camera but sadly it got destroyed when our basement flooded a couple weeks ago. So as soon as i can borrow a camera pics will go up. Also im afriad that link doesnt work on my computer, what fish were you suggesting it was? Thanks again

rara12

That actually looks just like him. Granted he's smaller. I only paid $50.00 for him, maybe its because hes so small but thats exactly what he looks like!

rara12

So heres a picture of the fish. Very camera shy, but also very curious about whats going on. My good camera got ruined so this is the best picture i could get