Fish nutrition and your health

hatessushi

I wanted to start a thread about the tie between commercial fish foods, and medicines and human foods and medicines. My wife is an RN of about 25 years now who has worked in about every area of a number of hospitals. We were discussing some current issues about nutrition.
It seems to me that the commercial fish foods and medicines is moving in a similar direction as for humans. You see all the different fish food ingredients that are pretty worthless just as we see in much human food. The big thing is in medicine. We all know that the best thing for a fishes health is water quality and good nutrition. For people it's the same thing, a good environment quality and good nutrition. Some people say that treating fish disease with the commercial medicines can actually be dangerous to the survival of the fish. It's interesting that it is the same for people. My wife has told me of many time where sick people come in to the hospital with a whole laundrylist of meds they are taking. It's the meds that are killing people. Antidepressants will eventually kill a person yet there are natural foods and herbs we can take that will cure that depression just as copper is at best risky to kill ich a better way is with hypo salinity. More people die from drugs and surgery that could have been helped naturally. My wifes doctor told her the she would have to be on antidepressants for the rest of her life and the drug companies that make the drugs take the doctors to lunches. It's those drugs that were making her sich and she quit taking them, changed her diet and is much healthier for it.
The point is that the drug companies (for humans) and fish Pharms companies make lots of money by selling us a bill of goods that are not neccessarily good. Did anyone ever think that your Triggers behavior became more unpredictable because of it's diet? I hear it all the time where a persons Trigger went balistic and killed everything in the tank. Maybe something in the environment set it off, or something in the food, well maybe not food most commercial frozen fish foods are 83%-97% water.
Did you know the Columbine killers were both on anti-depressants? Or the VA Tech killer was on anti-depressants? Unfortunately the media and gun control people believe it's the guns fault. People need to wake up. If we took half as good care of ourselves as we try to of our fish we wouldn't have wackos out there killing people and saying "I hate rich kids, they made me do this". The ones to blame for these killings is out Health Care system. The want us to stay sick so they make money. Anti-depressants are prescribed daily by MD's but should be controlled by psychologists. These killers needed a psychcological workup. Under anti-depressants young people of high school and college age can become schizophrenic thus they go over the edge.
Did you know that cholesterol doesn't really lead to heart desease but does indicate poor diet? The drug they give you for it can kill you.
Sorry for the long post, but the American health care system, FDA, and commercial food suppliers are pissing me off and my Trigger better not go postal.

hatessushi

No, this is just about the relation between Triggerfish, Anti-depressant drugs, and the importance of nutrition that gets off track here and there.
Sorry, if I put this in the wrong forum but this is a dicussion about fish, and after all, we are all just fish in a great big sea.

flcandy

It's the same in kibble. If you look at the ingredients there is tons of corn and soy, when have you ever seen a dog/cat stop chasing a bunny to eat corn? :notsure:
People need to pay more attention to what is in foods/medication before using/eating it.

I am personally going to feed my dogs and cats raw from now on.

:happyfish