fish order, but missing a fish

julie

I placed a fish order and didn't receive one of the fish I ordered. I was billed for it. I have e-mailed the site twice, but no response. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

plumbjohn

I had a similar experience where I ordered 2 flame shrimp and got 2 flame gobys instead. I sent SWF a email that night and got an response the next day saying they screwed up and when would be the best shipping day for me. It took a couple more emails to get the date set but the right items arrived within a week of getting the wrong stuff. Just keep sending an email everyday as they get very swamped. Good luck John

scubadoo

Originally posted by julie
I placed a fish order and didn't receive one of the fish I ordered. I was billed for it. I have e-mailed the site twice, but no response. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

How long has it been since you received the order and sent the first email? Having to wait more than 2 business days for a response is not good customer service in my opinion. Getting swamped is not a legitimate excuse. At the very least they should send a canned response email stating they have received your inquiry and will be back to you within a certain amount of time.
If you do not receive a response in a reasonable amount of time you can submit a claim to your credit card bank. This being said, I am sure you will hear from them as I do not believe this company ripps people off. ...but you did ask what can you do.
Still, not good customer service...stuff happens sometimes. Let them know you are not happy and maybe they will send you some extra goodies or not charge you.