Food for Yellow Tang?

pruden_sac

What do they eat?
I have frozen Brine that I'm getting ready to feed the Damsels and shrimp. Will the Yellow Tang eat this also? Or is there something else / better that he should be eating?

wrassecal

the tang needs green, maco algae, algae and I always feed mine some seaweed selects (get at lfs) Put it on an aquarium clip and the tang will love you for it. :) Along with what you are already feeding of course

hondo

If you cannot find seaweed selects just get some Nori (dried sea weed used in making sushi) any asian market will have it and most large grocery stores will carry it in the asian section. They also like just about any type of macro algae. It's not that they won't eat brine it's just not good for them.

keitho

my yellow tang eats squid, brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and brown, red, and green marine algae fortified with vitamins. :)

karlas

my tang also eats the dried nori,brine, but also eats small pellet food with spirulina alge and wardley alge disc. also any tang should have a good variety in their diet because they are prone to lateral line disease and ick which a good veggie diet can help prevent this

fallen04

go to indopacific.com they have something called tang heaven green,red, and gold. its part of their natural diet and it keeps them very healthy and happy

cyn

I have a yellow tank that eats flakes, seaweed selects and brine too. It is doing great. I would tend to agree with the posts that stress variety and alot of greens. My tank has cleared all of the micro and macro alge out of my tank in less than 2 months.
HTH,
cyn