For fellow Beatles fans

deejeff442

sorry bro imo the Beatles and led zepplin blow. i would state it alot worse but this is a family forum. to each his own ....Metallica and megadeth rule lol

dragonzim

Yeah sorry man, Led Zepelin were pretty much the first hard rock band with major success and absolutely paved the way for just about every metal band that came later.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonZim http:///t/395361/for-fellow-beatles-fans#post_3520277
Yeah sorry man, Led Zepelin were pretty much the first hard rock band with major success and absolutely paved the way for just about every metal band that came later.
Well that ain't strictly true either. Page got the idea for Zep from Cream. Hendrix gets honorable mention too but neither were around long enough to have the influence Zep did.

darthtang aw

Yeah, because Iron Butterfly, Steppenwolf, Jimmy hendrix, Deep Purple, The Who, and Black sabbath never influenced or paved the way for future metal acts................
{Sarcasm off}
Darth (Come on I am younger than all you guys and know this crap) tang

dragonzim

Ok, the who and Hendrix are the only ones on your list who were around before zeppelin. ill give you that.... All the others you mentioned are from almost exactly the same time frame as Zep, 1967-68 or so. Sabbath and Zep are from the same town so it's likely they influenced each other.
Whatever way you look at it, some fantastic was doing out of England back then

darthtang aw

This is what you stated. So who on my list does not count as a hard rock band and influencing future metal acts that was out before and the same time as Zepplin? As you imply that without Zepplin this would not have happened............And Iron Butterfly was formed before Zepplin....
And for that matter one could include the Jeff Beck Group as the assisted in developing the rifs, and sounds from the guitar that would latter define hard rock music.
If you truly want to credit someone...for the evolving of hard rock look no further than Judas Priest...

reefraff

Zeppelins first album came out in 1968. Listen to that and tell me who had done anything to compare to that at the time. Steppenwolf was doing hard rock but nothing like what Zep brought out. Deep Purple was progressive rock till around 1970.

darthtang aw

Zeppelins first album came out in 1968. Listen to that and tell me who had done anything to compare to that at the time. Steppenwolf was doing hard rock but nothing like what Zep brought out. Deep Purple was progressive rock till around 1970.
Sabbath to an even bigger extent a year later....................
http://www.nme.com/news/black-sabbath/67260

darthtang aw

See, it took em over a year to catch up with zep who had already released a second album LOL!
Both bands formed in 1968.
The only reason Zepplin got a record deal right away is due to Page's work with the Yardbirds and his studio work with bands like The Who...Page had connections already.

reefraff

The biggest reason Zep got a record deal right away was Page had the bucks to pay for them to record their first album. It was then shopped around and they got their deal.

deejeff442

seriously name one song Zeppelin did with out him crying the word baby? as for Judas priest ...Rob Hal ford has one of the best voices ever next to Geoff Tate from Queesriche.i have seen priest probably 6 times and Tate 3 times. both are amazing live. saw Ozzy a few and it sucked.although he is great

deejeff442

that many lol. i just cant take his crying. same with Rush ,the music is great but not the singer.balls in a vise is what comes to mind