Fowlr Hob filter help

shawna1972

I am not doing a reef anymore and going to just fowlr.
I have a bigger wet/dry that I was using ,took bioballs out ,used live rock >>>>>>don't want to do wet/dry anymore ,sump ect....nor canister Is their anyway I can do all "hob" filters? "eyesore I know" but much easier for me! I was thinking aquaclear's? I have 2 korailas <<correct spelling? & a skimmer anyway
Is this an option ???? and can u suggest some great hob filters ?

waterlogged

I have all hob equipment on a 125g. Sure wish I had a sump but would have to remove my tank from the stand to lift it down in. I battle with my nitrates and now red algae.

shawna1972

Yeah I hear ya,
But I had went the sump route and for me I prefer to go back to all hob
but what I need to know is whats the best out their and how many? maybe even a wet/dry hob do they make these?

scubanoah

well it really depends on your bioload. if your like me and only have a few small fish in your 125 then i think you would be ok with 2. if you have more fish then i would use 3 and maybe think about getting the large cpr HOB fuge. i have one on my 125 pretty much just to grow pods for my mandarin. it works great.

waterlogged

Originally Posted by shawna1972
http:///forum/post/2612521
can u post a pic of your hob fuge? also do I need overflows pumps for that?
never seen one before. Thanks
I have a cpr HOB with integrated skimmer. Doesn't need an overflow. I use the emperor HOB filters which have a biowheel. A biowheel is a form of a wet/dry filter.