Fragging Monti Cap

pyro

Hello, my monti cap is growing way too large for the cement plug it came on (I was guilty and didn't glue it to a rock at first) and it will not stay upright anymore.
I was wondering if anybody had any tips or links on information on how to frag them. It has a bunch of different shelves. Should I just use a dremel and cut a shelf off and glue it to a rock?
Any help would be appreciated =)

pyro

This thing has grown like a beast for me. I'm gonna put a timeline together after I frag it showing its growth over time. It's about 4-5" underwater with 2X96W PC lights above it.
I remember watching a video where the guy put the piece sideways. I'm debating doing two or three frags and testing the theory. It would be an interesting experiment. Then again, he did that with acro's and not monti caps.
I'll probably do this in two days or so. If anybody has any suggestions let me know.
Oh, and by the way, you a PSU fan aswell?

teen

you can usae a dremmel if youre trying to get perfect squares or something. if you just want to trim it back, just break a piece of with your hand.
is it a danae or capricornis?

pyro

Its a capricornis. Lots of smaller shelves. Any minimal size you would suggest?
O, and ninja, as long as you aren't at Ohio or Pitt, all is good =). Let me know if you ever want to come up.

trippkid

Just break it with your fingers or use fragging pliers, superglue it, let it cure for a minute or so in a seperate container with water, you could use an Iodine dip also, not really neccessary for these though, put back in tank, pretty simple. I know I am not saying anything new, just wanted to say it is very simple, no need for electric tools for these

trippkid

Just break it with your fingers or use fragging pliers, superglue it, let it cure for a minute or so in a seperate container with water, you could use an Iodine dip also, not really neccessary for these though, put back in tank, pretty simple. I know I am not saying anything new, just wanted to say it is very simple, no need for electric tools for these