Frogspawn/Clam Ric/Rhodactis Question

juice_1080

I recently acquired a Frogspawn for my tank and I am curious whether it will hurt my clam. I know that the Euphyllia Genus tends to have a pretty nasty effect on other corals near it but I am wondering if it could have the same effect on my clam. It is currently about 1-2 inches from the mantle of the clam. I have seen no ill effects yet but I have only had it about a week and it didn't come to my in very good shape. When I bought it it was in bad shape but I got a good deal on it ($10) and figured I could nurse it back to health. It seems to be doing much better now and the tissue seems to be healing on it. I don't know if this is maybe why I am not seeing any ill effects towards the clam or if it is just because they can't really effect a clam.
I guess bottom line....Should I move one or the other to a different location or will they be fine next to each other? Thank you for your help.
Also I had another related question involving shrooms. I have a Florida Ricordia Colony with 3 heads next to a Hairy Green Shroom (Rhodactis Indosinensis) and they finally grew right up to each other. Well I noticed this because my Ric's don't look good where they touched the hairy green. I moved them but I was just curious if shrooms can actually harm each other and if my Rics will be ok.

spanko

In my experience the shroom ric combo is usually not a good on for touching each other. On the Frog it is just best to set it in the tank so that the current blows the tentacles away from everything else. They cannot move them on their own.