Frozen DT's?

nordy

I discovered this morning that I accidentaly placed the bottle of DT's I keep in the work fridge into the freezer last friday night. Will it still be good when it thaws out? certainly couldn't smell any worse!

nordy

Got in touch with the folks at DT's and here is their reply, pretty much I thought but wanted to be sure:
If it is frozen solid it is dead. You should understand that stony corals do not feed directly on phytoplankton. Clams definitely and possible feather dusters will only feed on live phytoplankton. Stony corals do not feed directly on phytoplankton. The benefit that phytoplankton provides for stony corals is to increase the amount of zooplankton in the aquarium that are prey for the stony corals.
To get to the point, the dead DT's phytoplankton will spoil quickly because as a live product there are no preservatives in it. I suggest not using it.

nordy

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3060897
It is smelt that bad, you ought not to be using it anyway.
It smells bad enough when fresh, every time I have opened a new bottle, and just seems to be normal with that product.

cranberry

And you think that bad smell is a good thing? Phyto does not smell bad. Chlorella and Iso have a stronger smell than the others, but it is not a bad smell AT ALL. Go to one of the conferences (IMAC, MACNA, MAX) where they have a booth and give that nice fresh bottle a sniff... it doesn't smell when fresh.