Get Ready for $3.50 gas by Christmas and $4+ a gallon next year!

nano reefer

Originally Posted by GreyMach
try central coast of california...we been higher than that for about a year
Cali has the highest gas prices, followed by connecticut. I think the next is NY but i dont know.

dinogeorge

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Milk does not cost more than a gallon of milk. Not here anyway.
I definitely watch WAY more than even 20 channels, and maybe if you were not so worried about appearances you wouldnt worry about the clothes you wear (much less the friends you have). You might just get some taste and fashion sense. I know I could care less what people think about how I dress, cuz while they pay for stupid expensive clothes, I have more money saved up and can afford to wear what I want in any part of the world. Plus, my friends are my FRIENDS not people to try to live up to.
You are right about the driving though, as sad as it is.

Have you ever heard of the word “metaphor”?
When I say WE, I mean we collectively. Not me personally. My point is that we as a society spend tons of money on none necessities because we can. If you had to make the choice between staying fashionable or not being able to get to work, I’m pretty sure you would put transportation over your clothing choices.
And yes, we all watch “way” more than one channel; but only one at a time.
Duh!!!!!

theappe3

i say we just need to find alternatives, because eventually we will run out of gas, lol :)
pretty sure not in our lifetime though...

dinogeorge

Originally Posted by theappe3
i say we just need to find alternatives, because eventually we will run out of gas, lol :)
pretty sure not in our lifetime though...

Good point. That is one of the reasons why so little is really being done to get us off of fossil fuel. Once the oil prices become too much to stand, we will begin drilling in the US for our own oil. That will get us through the next 80 to 100 years, and so no one is that worried.
But, more educated minds might change things sooner rather than later.....we hope.

k-rok

There is too much money in petroleum products for the govt. to find a new fuel source - it's all about the money not about the people. Some people are getting very rich off of us - and they're not even content with that! They have to get consistantly wealthier to be happy. It's all corrupted politics.

theappe3

i think its a combination of a lot of things. I would compare the oil situation like the wars that are made about religion. Everybody has a say and nobody is really right. It all depends on what side of the line you stand. So i guess its politics, greed, money and a bunch of stuff all rolled up into one.

perfectdark

IMO its an enourmus conspericy therory... no joke.. think about this.
In 1985 or there abouts Honda came out with the CRX. A 4 cylinder car nothing special compact hatch back. It was capable of 55 miles per gal. Mysteriously it vanished in a year, hmmmmm. Now some almost 20 yrs later using gas electric and all other advances in technology we cannot make a hybrid auto that can exceed that? I find that a bit hard to believe. There are a number of different alternative fuel sources that independant inventors have made. One which I remember seeing quite recently was a water powered car. Completly dependant on water, our largest natural resource. How odd the inventor couldnt get a patten for his invention. There are more if you search the web its actually scary. Now that we have these hybrids that are capable of exceeding the normal 18 to 25 MPG range all of a sudden there is a huge increase in fossil fuels. Despite what is written as to why this is, I think its all a load of crap. The auto industry and the oil companys are in bed with eachother and we are paying it. just my 2 cents..

darknes

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
IMO its an enourmus conspericy therory... no joke.. think about this.
In 1985 or there abouts Honda came out with the CRX. A 4 cylinder car nothing special compact hatch back. It was capable of 55 miles per gal. Mysteriously it vanished in a year, hmmmmm. Now some almost 20 yrs later using gas electric and all other advances in technology we cannot make a hybrid auto that can exceed that? I find that a bit hard to believe. There are a number of different alternative fuel sources that independant inventors have made. One which I remember seeing quite recently was a water powered car. Completly dependant on water, our largest natural resource. How odd the inventor couldnt get a patten for his invention. There are more if you search the web its actually scary. Now that we have these hybrids that are capable of exceeding the normal 18 to 25 MPG range all of a sudden there is a huge increase in fossil fuels. Despite what is written as to why this is, I think its all a load of crap. The auto industry and the oil companys are in bed with eachother and we are paying it. just my 2 cents..

There's no conspiracy.
The way gas mileage is calculated has changed...that Honda wouldn't be getting 55 mpg with today's standards. It also probably wouldn't meet today's efficiency and polution standards.
Also, I would like to see some proof on a vehicle that runs on water. As an engineer, I've taken several courses on combustion and engine design, and find it very hard to believe.
Sure, gas companies are making large profits. Do I blame them? NO. Maybe I should be investing in some shares right now and share the profits.

You can, however, modify any gasoline engine to run purely on used oil from restaurants. However, you have to clean the engine regularly and it seems to be a pain to go around looking for vegetable oil.

Its true that we here in america we are dependent on oil. But its the oil companies that are screwing us. They were making money when it was $25 a barrel. Just look at some of the figures. Its sickining. Im just as gulity as anyone. In fact im worse than most. I drive a lifted Expedition ans maybe get 10 MPG.
I really wish the ethinal would take off. I would be first in line to do a conversion on my gas hog.

hattrick58

Originally Posted by 987654321
Its true that we here in america we are dependent on oil. But its the oil companies that are screwing us. They were making money when it was $25 a barrel. Just look at some of the figures. Its sickining. Im just as gulity as anyone. In fact im worse than most. I drive a lifted Expedition ans maybe get 10 MPG.
I really wish the ethinal would take off. I would be first in line to do a conversion on my gas hog.

Have you noticed that the only time you hear anything from Exxon/Mobil is when they have to release their quarterly profits? When Rick Perry evacuated Houston a few years ago due to the impending storm and the highways were a parking lot, did any of the oil companies help by delivering gas to the motorists who ran out? Nope. The National Guard and other volunteers were out there.

darknes

Originally Posted by hattrick58
Have you noticed that the only time you hear anything from Exxon/Mobil is when they have to release their quarterly profits? When Rick Perry evacuated Houston a few years ago due to the impending storm and the highways were a parking lot, did any of the oil companies help by delivering gas to the motorists who ran out? Nope. The National Guard and other volunteers were out there.
I don't understand. Oil companies had no obligation to offer free gas; it's a business, and businesses work on the bottom dollar. Aren't you upset that restaurants weren't out there handing out free food? Maybe cell phone companies should have been giving out free phones so they could call their relatives.

reefraff

Before you go off on Exxon about profits look at their level of investment to make those profits. When it costs billions to produce a product it should come as no shock that profits are large. There are MANY companies with a way higher rate of return on their investment than Exxon or the other oil companies have.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by Darknes
There's no conspiracy.
The way gas mileage is calculated has changed...that Honda wouldn't be getting 55 mpg with today's standards. It also probably wouldn't meet today's efficiency and polution standards.
Also, I would like to see some proof on a vehicle that runs on water. As an engineer, I've taken several courses on combustion and engine design, and find it very hard to believe.
Sure, gas companies are making large profits. Do I blame them? NO. Maybe I should be investing in some shares right now and share the profits.

You can, however, modify any gasoline engine to run purely on used oil from restaurants. However, you have to clean the engine regularly and it seems to be a pain to go around looking for vegetable oil.
OK sooo first off like I said do a search for it. As a matter of fact dateline did a special on it not too long ago. Secondly I find it to be a tad igonorant to completly dismiss the fact that the oil and car companies arent in bed with eachother. What in your infinite wisdom, backs your comment that they are not and makes my opinion so funny? How has the way gas milage is calculated changed? Its not a difficult equation to figure out. The amount of gas in gallons divided by the miles you drove between fill ups. The figures are there. Weather you believe in the water car story or not it exists, its been proven and the story is real. I guess we are all entitled to our opinions.

phelpz

Originally Posted by REEFER545
Milk does not cost more than a gallon of milk. Not here anyway.
A gallon of milk in Arizona is like $4.

darknes

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
OK sooo first off like I said do a search for it. As a matter of fact dateline did a special on it not too long ago. Secondly I find it to be a tad igonorant to completly dismiss the fact that the oil and car companies arent in bed with eachother. What in your infinite wisdom, backs your comment that they are not and makes my opinion so funny? How has the way gas milage is calculated changed? Its not a difficult equation to figure out. The amount of gas in gallons divided by the miles you drove between fill ups. The figures are there. Weather you believe in the water car story or not it exists, its been proven and the story is real. I guess we are all entitled to our opinions.
Care to give me a credible link? I was not able to find anything substantial other than some guy claims he can run a car on water. Didn't seem to me to be any different than hydrogen power. If it were possible, we'd be driving water-powered cars by now. Show me where it's been proven, please.
Also, gas mileage for cars is not a simple equation of total miles divided by gallons used. They factor in speed, stop and go, acceleration, use of air conditioners, etc. 50 years ago, all they did was drive down a highway at a constant speed without any air conditioner or other components hampering the mileage.
And no, I do not think car companies and oil companies have some secret conspiracy together. Auto companies will build what we the customer want. We want large gas-guzzling trucks and SUV's, so that's what they build. Some companies have tried hybrids, but they don't sell; thus, they don't build them.

krj-1168

Actually - my guess in about 25-30 years in the U.S. we won't be drive gas powered cars. All the new cars & trucks in the U.S.will likely be running either Biodiesel (cooking oil), Pure Ethonol (Racing Fuel) or Hydrogen(water).
And for all those who have cars & trucks with diesel motors - may I suggest switching to Biodiesel. No conversion need it to run in modern engines - if it's built in last 5 years. And Biodiesel can cost about half what regular diesel costs - or less if you learn to make your own. Just Imagine paying just $1.50 per gallon - while everyone else is paying 3.50 to 4 bucks per gallon.

darknes

Originally Posted by krj-1168
Actually - my guess in about 25-30 years in the U.S. we won't be drive gas powered cars. All the new cars & trucks in the U.S.will likely be running either Biodiesel (cooking oil), Pure Ethonol (Racing Fuel) or Hydrogen(water).
My guess is it will still be gasoline or electric (if they become more viable by then).

krj-1168

I highly doubt it will be gasoline. If gasoline is still around - it will likely only be used for classic cars.
Electric is still very possible - but I believe that they will only exist in cities or as Hybrid powered cars.
Actually Hydrogen is the ultimate "green" fuel. Hydrogen in the tank & engine = H2O out the tailpipe. No CO2 or other greenhouse gases.