Getting to know your fellow hobbyist

leopard_babe

Bronco300: I think the name of the book will be The greatest generation. Or something to that effect. I don't exactally remember. My grandma pasted away in april and my grandpa had stop the publishing process for awhile. But i gave him the good ole 1-2, to get his butt back in gear.
He is 84 so I want to have that book pubished asap. As soon as it is published it will be archived in washington dc. I want him to be able to see that. lol

clownfish11

Hey guys and gals im Chris im 15 and i work at Mcdonalds. I have a 55 gallon tank that i pay for! Im in WI, and there is nothing to do here! I get my temps next month haah thats exciting! I'm hoping to go to 1 of these 3 colleges for a Marine Bio Major and possibly a lil Photo minor( UNC willmington, University of Miami, and University of West FL, Pensacola, and im also looking at some colleges in hawaii, but it would most likley be a perm. move! I enjoy chilln with friends and usually getting into trouble, video games, sports, reefkeeping, chilln, you know all the things kids like to do!

leopard_babe

Devil_dog that pooch of yours looks like he is rady to make a meal out of your tang. lol
Nice tank!!
ClownFiSH11: 55, that is a big tank. My first tank that I could afford was a 20 gallon fresh when I was 15 and a secretary making $7/hr. I don't think I cold have afforded anything much bigger. lol Good for you
Now my 20 is my qt.
Keep the comments coming!!

devil dog

Leopard_babe;2779409 said:
Devil_dog that pooch of yours looks like he is rady to make a meal out of your tang. lol
Nice tank!!
Thanks... she is so funny with my tank and any fish I get... she sits and looks at the tank and flow the fish and if they start to fight she will bark at them... it’s so funny

rotarymagic

I'm JR, I'm 22 and an insensitive jerk that cares nothing about other people's feelings (...sarcasm.) I've got 2 tanks (sorta... a 20long is at my ex-gf's apartment and has my 2 b&w misbarred occellaris and is starting to get corallne on it-but knowing her neglectful self it'll probably be back at my place in no time, the 144halfcircle is at my apartment circulating water through rock...LOL.) I've got 10 dart frogs, 4 mossies, 1 white's treefrog, 1 birdpoo frog, 1 leopard gecko (had him for 14 years), ball python (13 years in my care), surinam red tail boa (4 years), rubber boa, T. gigas spider, African red trapdoor spider, and sometimes a meerled pomeranian when my ex feels like she can't handle it. She's self absorbed, has lots of mental problems, and likes to do alot of stupid stuff. I'm finishing up my history degree at UT Austin so hopefully I'll be living somewhere other than under a bridge next summer lol. I dailydrive an 08 honda crv and occasionally cruise in my 08 cadillac cts 3.6DI. I'm in the process of stocking the FOWLR 144HC and I'll have an ADA 60-P clear going soon to replace the biocube14 that I sold because I couldn't stand my buyer's remorse any longer.... death to cheapocubes. I have a real urge to take another weekend trip to Huntington beach, CA like I did in August... I went to the Long Beach aquarium while I was out there and really liked those Clarion angels they had.

catfishcity

Hello i am zach, i am 14 and i am a freshman in high school. um lets see i live in boring old ohio, and i have a ton of friends. i have 2 brothers jake 16, chase 8 months, and my cousin lives with me, janelle 16. who ever knew that teenage girls would be so much DRAMA!!! LOL. my favorite thing to do is cook, i think it is sooo much fun, just creating new things everyday, and then getting to eat them!! yum! oh ok now to get to the fish: i have had a FW tank for about a year now and decided to get a saltwater one which i have had only for about a month. i love this hobby, it is so much fun! the fun thing is learning about a billion new things a day on this website. so thats pretty much all i can think of right now.
oh, by the way, great thread!

kjr_trig

I'm Kirk
, I live in the Phoenix Suburbs, but have lived all over, mostly Seattle though. I am PGA Golf Professional, I rarely play competitively anymore, but I teach a lot and manage a golf shop at a course here in Phoenix (FYI "Professional Golfer" makes a living playing golf, "Golf Professional" does what I do). Married 8 years, have a 3 year old, 2 dogs, a 240 gallon FOWLR, and a 25 gallon reef. I love all sports, playing and watching. I played tennis in college and still play in a competitive league. Love playing pool and chess as well. I'm fairly sarcastic, and I enjoy a good argument
I also like to cook and eat.
Pics from a recent vacation to Hawaii.

1knight164

Name is Gary. Just retired from Marine Corps. Headed back to Iraq as civilian for a year.
-Sold all but tank and lights of my 55.
-Love to golf, SCUBA, skiing, DIY Projects. Gonna get back into surfing when I get back. Daughter wants to learn.
-Got my bachelors degree after 23 years. (It's never too late) Working on my MS Project Management. (No politics or economics for me!)
-Love Cali, but damn it's expensive living here!!!
-Hope to start up a new tank in the near future. GO BIG or stay home!!!
I posted pics here a while back:
https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/204221/putting-faces-to-the-names/160
Here's an updated pic. Daughter and I going to Pantages Theater in Hollywood to see "Wicked". Great show!

kjr_trig

LOL, 1Knight, I always thought you were a girl because of your avatar.....Go ahead and say it, you thought I was a Trigger fish.

1knight164

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2780355
LOL, 1Knight, I always thought you were a girl because of your avatar.....Go ahead and say it, you thought I was a Trigger fish.

LOL
I saw "JR" (junior) and thought you were one really smart kid.

beenbag497

hey all.....my real name is abraham im 14 and live in al. theres 11 kids in my family and around 40 pets(i know wat ur thinkin and yah it is really wild at my house!!)but anyway if u wanna see a pic of me jus look at my avatar(and my myspace url is myspace/309746200.........add me!!

P

pool boy

Originally Posted by Leopard_babe
http:///forum/post/2771657
Well, I know there are rules on this site. However, I talk to some of you guys everday, I know what your tanks look like, I trust your opinion. I thought... lets do a getting to know eachother a little better, without breaking any rules.
In a clean and friendly manner. Hobby, family, pet peeves, random facts. Just getting to know the people that you sit down with on your computer and are your friends without actually ever meeting them.
My real name is Sarah. I am a nurse in an ER. I work 3 days a week, and am not near a computer. Then I come home and can't get away from my computer or this website. I have a little boy and he is the love of my life. I have a cat Grace she is just trouble. My fish tank is my stress reliever when things are tough. Scraping the glass clean, and watching my fish swim around makes me forget about all of lives turns and challenges.
I am in Medical sales and call on Hospitals. MI is part of my territory.
I often visit the ER. It takes a special person to work in that environment.
I had a 135g tank I muct have moved 4 times. I recently built a house and sold the tank. I missed the hobby and started back in a few months ago.

Im Logan, im 20, and im an addict. nah, just playng. although sw is way way addicting and i cant get enough. Im an almost junior (technically a sophmore in hours, but a junior in years :) ) at Texas State University in San Marcos. I have my own place that i share with my malti-poo Moxi, whos color changes with my attitude (she's currently blue), my cockatiel Bongo, a corn snake, Mango, and 4 aquariums, only wich one of is salt. :(
I plan on switching my 46 bow into sw as soon as i sign a longer term lease at another place :)
but yeah, idk what else to put. ohoh, i love piercings, and tats. thats about it :)
hey leopard babe,
a- i love leopard print, im about to get a patch tatted on my arm,
and b- rx-8s are my dream car!!!!!! dang im jealous. your kid is gorgeous, btw

gsellers

My name is glenn, 25 and i do fish tank maintenance. I breed clownfish, as well as attempted to breed harlequin shrimp. My next breeding projects will be cardinals and clown gobies. Some people quiver when they hear my name on -- and the thread gets locked...i dont know why :) Im a fun guy to be around and saltwater fish tanks literally pays my bills.