*** Gift Card Challenge ***

travelerjp98

Hey Y'all,
Friends that I have here and haven't talked to in a while - I hope y'all are doing well!
I was digging in my shed, selling random things online to clear it out and make some money and made a discovery: I still had some old equipment from my ex-system.
This reminded me of here, so I've been creeping a bit. I also went through my messages - and guess what - I had a $50 gift card I won from a SOTM (Story of the month contest) on here. I contacted SWF and it was still valid. Being reminded of my aquarium days, I'll pass it along to everyone on here: this contest is open to everyone on here, whether a friend of mine I've met in person from here to a beginner starting out and getting advice on here.

Just two things, about a paragraph each:
1) Your current and/or planned systems. If I know you, I wanna know how you're doing with your fish! If you're a newbie, welcome! I'm excited to hear about what you have planned or what you have so far!
2) Why you want/why I should give you the $50. This could be anything from "I really love the hobby and want to buy equipment to get into it more" to "I'M THE ONE WHO HELPED YOU SET YOUR TANK UP ON HERE 5 YEARS AGO" and whole emotional thing *cough cough*, to "I drove an hour away one night to meet at dinner with you when you were in my neck of the woods" *cough cough again*.

Contest ends May 21st. I'll announce the winner on here as well as PM the gift card no.

snakeblitz33

oh, and by the way...

1. I want to start a pico/nano tank to experiment with while I finish writing the saltwater book that I started several years ago. Nothing really fancy, but the testing equipment needs to be spot on. A few different tanks with similar conditions would probably be the best way to go, with one being a control group. Testing takes money!

2. I want to advance the hobby, get more people interested in it and generally give back as much as I can. Helping new people is one of my favorite things to do in life and one of those ways to give back is to finish writing my book.

travelerjp98

Haha hey Seth! Good to hear from you too! I believe you qualify as one of the "you helped set my tank up in the first place" people;)

Surprised by the lack of interest in this thread... I MEAN IT'S $50 PEOPLE... are the forums really that dead?!

zoidberg01

I have two aquariums one is a 55 gallon fowlr with 10 beautiful fish and my other one is a 75 gallon reef with two royal grammas (I trained them to coexist) and a sailfin tang. I would like the gift card to buy a bicolot angelfish because my dad loves them he calls them michigan because it has the flags color and he studied there, it's really hard to find one here in puerto rico

paco32981

Well I had a salt water tank when I lived in Japan 10 years ago. I recently started a 55 gal tank again. I have my cleaning cure in and going nicely. I have a few cardinals and a couple chromis. Im more then happy with the way my tank is turning out. I'd like a few more fish but thats all. Im already looking to start a reef tank soon. My family loves fish and everything to do with the sea. Before my reef tank I believe my kids are going to get a nano tank with sea horse's and pipe fish. It's all the want and I just can't have them in my tank. The ideas are endless

silverado61

My current build is 72g bow front with a custom stand which is about 7ft wide by 7ft tall and being built from the ground up including electrical. It'll include a sump/fuge, an ATO system, an up-flow algae scrubber and LED lighting throughout.

I pretty much have all the equipment I need but I could use the $50 to put towards live sand and live rocks.

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerjp98 http:///t/397573/gift-card-challenge#post_3543913
Haha hey Seth! Good to hear from you too! I believe you qualify as one of the "you helped set my tank up in the first place" people;)

Surprised by the lack of interest in this thread... I MEAN IT'S $50 PEOPLE... are the forums really that dead?!

Hi,

I think most folks feel that others are perhaps more deserving, which is why I didn't chime in... but...LOL...I need salt, and I'm retired on a fixed income, and I have seahorses and would really like to add some mushroom corals to my tank. In this hobby ... or should I say money pit, wanting money to spend on it is never ending. Oh, and I give stuff away to those in need all the time, so maybe karma could play a role......

2quills

What's it worth to yah?
The knowledge of knowing that it's going to the one most deserving. :)
p.s. Did anyone get a permit for this lemonade stand?