gift ideas

deejeff442

as some know i am a volunteer firefighter. we have a kid volunteer 23 yrs old just admitted to houston for an adomanal tumor. i have no idea what kind of gift to send him.flowers are for women. he has been tested here in dallas and since he was sent to a cancer hospital a city away i assume its bad.i have no idea what a manley gift would be for a 23 year old these days. any suggestions?i plan a serious gift and also i plan to send a mr. potato head lol

gemmy

http://www.cancergifts.com/humor-heals-gift-basket-men-s

Or something along those lines. I would assemble a small gift basket with things that would help keep him entertained like Sudoku or crossword puzzles, and magazines. I would toss in some tea and even some junk food. I know that when my mom was fighting cancer she would go through phases where she was very sick and smells made her puke and on good days she wanted to go on a junk food binge.

2quills

They don't typically want gifts. They just want people to treat them normal. But some sort of distraction is usually best if they are layed up.

snakeblitz33

Hmmm... Yeah, I don't know if a gift is quite appropriate... it's like "I'm not important to anyone until I get sick." kind of thing. Maybe the whole station can do something for him as a group?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the suggestion of having something to keep me occupied while in the hospital or convalescing after treatment. The problem is figuring out what might interest him.

2quills

Good idea, Seth.
Get the other volunteers together, do a fund raiser and give him some cash. Maybe get some t-shirts made up with his name that the guys can wear to show him some support.
Books, maybe a gift cert. to Netflix or something to occupy time during chemo if he isn't to sick to read.

deejeff442

we have an esd at our station. so we actually have 4 stations together.i havnt heard anything yet .i am sure there will be a fundraiser.

ironeagle2006

Easy ask his parents what he likes to do Game wise on the Computer or Game System wise and get him one of the Hottest New Titles he does not have. Trust me that would cheer up anyone I know. Battlefield 4 just released just saying.

ifirefight

Im a firefighter..Just ordered a custom radio strap for my self for my 19th year in the fire service aniversary present...has my last name in caps..red with gold leaf accent...an american flag above my name and an Irish clover below the name....VERY COOL present/gift IMHO..

As you have said above he is a kid volunteer 23 yrs old just admitted to houston for an adomanal tumor. I think give the gift that he likes I mean you are with that boys and you probably know that what type of things he likes. So I would like to suggest that you can choose better gift by other because other guys don't know about your 23 year kids.

alanharper

Cufflinks, watches & wallets can be one of the best gifts you any guy. Recently, I purchased great cufflinks for myself from unicuffs. Check these out: http://goo.gl/RAxCNH